PDA

View Full Version : Are Ironguts worth the extra points?

saustin
06-06-2007, 02:06 AM
Here\'s the crux of the problem. Normal Orgre bulls have to be upgraded to have light armour at the cost of three points. Plus they have to be upgraded again if you wish them to have an ironfist or extra weapon.

Ironguts come with heavy armour and good weapons to begin with. However they cost 13 points more and only have one more in their leadership characteristic (bringing up to eight). Instead of buying three ironguts I could buy 4 ogre bulls and still have enough to upgrade them to light armour and buy at least one extra handweapon.

Any ideas on which way I should go?

Post edited by: saustin, at: 2007/06/05 20:06

Horus
06-06-2007, 02:11 AM
honestly it depends on the size of the game, and your usual oponents

more info?

saustin
06-06-2007, 02:14 AM
1,500 points and the usual opponents are dwarves (with their stupid beards) But I like Ogre bulls because of the extra numbers I can get but Iron guts do sound interesting because their extra armour may come in handy.

wakopanda
06-06-2007, 02:19 AM
mines been doing it as well. the way to avoid it is to move the message to one side, copy your post and then say no to the message. it may or may not work, but if it doesnt you can simply post again.

Horus
06-06-2007, 02:30 AM
dwarves? iornguts all the way, you need the great weapons against their above average saves and any armour you have will be ignored in the shooting phase when you need it

the leadership value is nessesery to. you probably already know but drop the butcher load up on gorgers and get a hunter the bolt thrower is always nice

Farskit
06-06-2007, 02:58 AM
Yes, Ironguts are worth it. That extra Ld point can be a life-saver given the below average leadership of Ogres.

And against Dwarves, they give -3 to the armour save (at least that\'s what I recall), so you can get through their saves.