PDA

View Full Version : Brillient conversions

mark01
22-04-2006, 03:41 AM
Check out this Ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Micro-Art-Studio there conversions/sculptings is brillient a great source of insperation

Starks333
22-04-2006, 07:55 AM
alot of the green stuff work is cast, as in not sculpted, you can tell on the legs as theres that strange bump thing in the knee pads that plastic models have

also the designs are cast and used on many models

but yes they are neat...coolminiornot.com displays his work frequently along with Scibor, someon who seems to ONLY use casted stuff, and uses the same stuff on every model, his stuff gets repeptitive, but it looks pretty good

Starks

mark01
22-04-2006, 08:35 PM
i never knew you could do that :huh:

torn
23-04-2006, 06:40 AM
green stuff cansting is pretty simple, works well for flat thing like shields, but can be used for anything. basically push something into green stuff and let it dry, then lubricate it lightly and cover the whole thing. when it dries you have 2 halfs of a mold. libricate and squish green stuff in, when it dries you have 2 halfs of something. just stick them together.

NathanS
23-04-2006, 07:31 AM
I have never tried making a green stuff mold but i have done free hand sculpting with it. The Death Walker Librarian in the gallery, the cape and hood on him is all green stuff. People have commented that I do good work but I dont know.

torn
23-04-2006, 04:05 PM
yeah i do a lot of free hand sculpting. I was ok with it until i decided to make a beastman blood bowl team from beastman plastics, and i got really good. Amazing cheerleader conversions ;)

practice makes perfect.

also i forgot to mention if you want to mold with it, it doesnt want to be too sticky so less yellow more blue.

mark01
25-04-2006, 10:33 PM
ok im ok at sculpting simple things but not really detailed stuff ill have a try at making some moulds