PDA

View Full Version : Gun Servitors

steve bruce
18-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Hi all,

A two part question for your comments;
I\'m going to use a gun servitor in my Witch Hunters retinue, armed with a lascannon, any ideas as to how gun servitors should look so that I can convert a suitable model; also, can they move and fire heavy weapons?

Many thanks,
Steve

Indra
19-04-2006, 04:04 AM
Modelling wise it should be easy, but you\'ll need some sort of power pack to power the thing. Look at necromunda models for weapons and packs, and get a servitor body.

As for move and fire I dont think they can, they\'re not slow and purposeful as I recall, although I may be wrong.

DavicusPrime
19-04-2006, 04:14 AM
A servitor is pretty much a cyborg drone. It\'s a human body but is otherwise machine. The attached limbs and the programming determines it\'s role: Tech, Combat or Gunner.

The GW models are basicly a heavily cyborged human with a gun grafted on where a shoulder and arm would normally be. And the appropriate ammo/power-feed backpack grafted onto it\'s back.

I\'ve seen some interesting models at the shop where a guy rigged up a mechanical gun platform that was plugged into a servitor model via cables and mechadendrites. It looked pretty cool. I think the guy utilized the unused hvy bolters off a razorback for the weapon, the platform itself was made of random bitz. I was able to identify some Tau crisis suit bits mixed in there. Don\'t know where he got the small tank treads for them but it all looked pretty darn good.

Don\'t know the rules for them of the top of my noggin... But I don\'t remember reading any special rules that applied to them.

-DavicusPrime

Indra
19-04-2006, 04:19 AM
Good place for small tank treads are ork warbikes. They come in halves so can be split into two for either side tracking.

Hope that helps.

Post edited by: IndraFurya, at: 2006/04/19 05:20

NathanS
19-04-2006, 09:37 AM
steve bruce wrote:

Hi all,

A two part question for your comments;
I\'m going to use a gun servitor in my Witch Hunters retinue, armed with a lascannon

I do not believe that they can be armed with lascannons one per retinue may be armed with a plasma cannon.

any ideas as to how gun servitors should look so that I can convert a suitable model; also, can they move and fire heavy weapons?

and no the cannot move and fire heavy weapons.

Post edited by: IndraFurya, at: 2006/04/19 14:02

steve bruce
19-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey, my mistake, I meant plasma cannon of course.
Thanks for the comments guys.

Steve:whistle:

Indra
20-04-2006, 03:20 AM
Hey wht not give the servitor tracks for a lower half, that would be cool, like an inquisitor model I saw in a batrep ages ago in the dwarf! That would be really cool.

Save on the powerpack modelling bit too, as it could be incorporated into the track mechanism or something.

steve bruce
21-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Thanks Ron and others,
I think I will go for a tracked chassis, it should look kinda different.
I was toying with the idea of using one of my old Battletech models but then I hit on the idea of using a Kettenkrad kit I have to make the chassis.
When I finish it, I\'ll try and post some photos of it.
Cheers,
Steve
;)

Indra
21-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Just the sort of thing I like in this forum. When you get it done, definately post sa few pics!

:woohoo: