PDA

View Full Version : Need help! - Pose suggestions..

Corvus
11-04-2006, 01:57 AM
You may have seen the beginnings of my conversions so far, but I\'m having trouble depicting a pose for the right arm of the chapter masters guard on the following mini...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Leonatos/HPIM0566.jpg

It is going to be a katana-style oriental sword, so I need to bear that in mind.. but does anybody have any suggestions as to what pose I could use, and how I could do it? - I\'ve tried a few different things and I\'m well stuck! :)

Any help is greatly appreciated guys!

Starks333
11-04-2006, 02:04 AM
link doesnt work!

for the most part katanas look better held in two hands(liek a samurai) or in an active pose(about to do something like leap, strike, etc)

Starks

Indra
16-04-2006, 07:44 PM
I\'ll tell you where to look. Watch Ninja Scroll (Manga). The main guy Jubei is awesome with his sword, and if you have it on DVD you can freeze frame perfectly to copy poses!

Sorted.

Either that or Zatoichi on DVD

Minos
16-04-2006, 11:17 PM
A good standard pose for a katana is held high and turned back over top of the head parrallel with the shoulders or slightly turned forward with edge up preferably pointing in the direction he is looking. Dang that sounds complicated...
Basically if its his right hand it will be up in the air the sword extending over the head toward the other arm with the curve of the the sword being up.

Indra
16-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Good pose, but needs to work in conjunction with the other arm too. I still stand by my post of looking at the movies on DVD to freeze frame on it.

Corvus
17-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I\'ll be popping over to the shops later to see if I can find that DVD ;)