PDA

View Full Version : archaon: the lord of end times

Knight of ne
28-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I know about the Storm of Chaos and how he had to retreat, but where did he retreat to? will he ever come back and start a new horde? or is he just going to sit around till he dies of something?

thanks to storm ghost on warvault for bringing this up.

Skrall
28-01-2007, 08:13 PM
My knowledge on this subject of WHF is, at best, vague. From what i gather he retreats into the realm of chaos, or atleast some none Old-world location. He comes out once every so often and knocks crap out of half of the world

hawke

The Warsmith
28-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Hawke even though you WFB knowledge is vague, tht was rubbish

You are getting mixed up with abaddon simpley change world for galaxy and realm of chaos with eye and then u have abaddon.

No archaon only got his one chance, others have tried and all have failed (mainly through dwarven intervention:P ). Archaon is either dead, a hideous spawn, tortured for his failure or a mewling idiot trying to lick his wounds and fight back to stardom. Either way he is nothing anymore. He got off better than valten though, who mis of course dead at the hands of a skaven assasin.

I no so much bout WFB, just dont get me strted

Kiefer13
22-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Wasn\'t he beaten and killed by Grimgor Ironhide at the battle of Middenheim?

At least, that\'s what it says in the O&G army book.

Post edited by: kiefer13, at: 2007/02/22 20:23

Knight of ne
22-02-2007, 07:27 PM
thats what i originally heard but people keep going on about him retreating to some fortress and some some wierd stuff, its left me very confused.

Kiefer13
22-02-2007, 07:31 PM
well actually the exact working is \"Even Archaon, the Everchosen of Chaos, has been humbled before Ironhide\"

It dosn\'t actually say he was slain, though it implies it.

It would be hard to imagine Archaon fleeing though, or Grimgor letting him. I personally belive he was killed, but then again I may be a bit biased collecting a O&G army.

Could be either way I suppose.

Farskit
22-02-2007, 07:44 PM
I know what happened with Grimgor and Archaon.

Archaon was battling Valten in single combat outide Middenheim, and was gaining the upper hand? Himself suffering a light injury in the elbow becaus of the hammer Gh?l Maraz, he slashec Valten\'s Chest wide open with his blade the Slayer of Kings.
But then some priest dude stepped in and was quickly knocked down by Archaon, but because of this he did not have the time to kill Valten. For at this precise moment, Grimgor joined the fray.

I\'ve always fond what happened nect truly amazing. Grimgor headbutted Archaon, blocking the Slayer of Kings with his axe and with one return blow, cut the Shield of Chaos in half.
Then he kicked the Slayer of Kings out of Archaon\'s hand and knocked him down.
Then he yelled \"Grimgor\'s da Best!!!!\" and left, leaving the huge statues of Gork and Mork at the gates of Middenheim.

Archaon fled back to the north with his army in tatters, and now he surely is plotting for revenge, but has not enough power to unite the tribes as he once did.

The Banished Ranger
22-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Ne\'s right, he retreated to a fortress/keep all by himself in the world\'s edge mountains. Valten is figured to be dead but there is no proof that he is.

Archaon probably won\'t be leading a army anytime soon:P

Kiefer13
22-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Farskit wrote:

Grimgor headbutted Archaon, blocking the Slayer of Kings with his axe and with one return blow, cut the Shield of Chaos in half.
Then he kicked the Slayer of Kings out of Archaon\'s hand and knocked him down.
Then he yelled \"Grimgor\'s da Best!!!!\" and left, leaving the huge statues of Gork and Mork at the gates of Middenheim.

And he was right!
WAAAGGH!
Nice one Grimgor. I love Ork/Orc fluff.
K13

experiment 626
05-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Argh! gav thrope needs to be bloody well shot for how he buthered the ending of what started out as a superb story...

as archaon fought valten he slashed open valten\'s armour across his chest, laying bare valten\'s unique birthmark. seeing the twin-tailed birthmark of sigmar upon valten\'s bleeding chest, archaon paused giving luthor huss a chance to interveen before the lord of the end times could finish off the chosen of sigmar. archaon easily knocked huss aside and sent him flying!
then, grimgor attacked archaon FROM BEHIND!!! (like a bloody, fething coward!) archaon, surprised by the unexpected back attack lashed out with the slayer of kings which was blocked by gitsnik?! (like *that* really would happen?!!) grimgor then took a swing with his axe and cut archaon\'s shield in half before grabing him and \'ead butting the everchosen.:huh:

grimgor made his (undeserved!) proclomation about being \'da best\' and then up and leaves with his boyz...
archaon, knowing that middenhiem was now beyond his grasp, fled with his remaining troops to brass keep where he established himself.
the four great champions were all either killed during the main fighting, or else like hargroth hunted down and killed by the empire forces.
crom, self-apointed \'herald of archaon\' also survived the storm but was driven back into the world\'s edge mountains by the sylvanian vampires...

so there you have it! a total and compleat bullfunky ending by none other than mr.thrope who seems to have an innate talent for fething up nearly every story he writes!
play it out for yourself... archaon kicks the crap out of grimgor every time. (well, archaon basically takes everyone and anyone to school really!)

cheers!

Trick
05-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Haha I love watching 40kers tackle fantasy and vice versa, its like watching American Footballers do Ballet :P

Experiment was right though. Archaon retreated to Brass Keep, a large abandoned and supposedly haunted fortification north of Middenheim with the remains of the Swords of Chaos. The other Chaos hordes went their own ways, some still in the Old World, raiding and pillaging at their desire.

One bit that you all missed out though was just before...

grimgor made his proclomation about being \'da best\' and then up and leaves with his boyz...
Grimgor puts Gitsnik to the throat of Archaon, then packs up and leaves.

I do agree that GW really screwed up on the ending, it seems nothing went their way so they made random endings to tie it all up as best they could! I can\'t help being a little bit gleeful though, as I\'m a massive fan of the Orcs & Goblins, and especially Grimgor Ironhide! :D

The worst bit of it all was when Vlad Von Carstein (I think it was Vlad) turned up at the gates of Middenheim with a huge legion of undead. He could have easily taken the city with the Empire forces battered, weary and greatly reduced. He proceeded to raise all the dead warriors around Middenheim to his ranks! Volkmar steps forward, mumbles something about him being dead \'ard and Vlad packs up and walks off! As if! You don\'t march across the Empire, raise a massive force of undead and then turn around again because some nutjob mortal tells you he can take you!

Trick

experiment 626
05-03-2007, 11:13 PM
a believe that it was manfred as vlad is long dead!

volkmar steped forwards towards the vampire and told him, \'a man like me once killed a creature like you\' or similar... manfred thought about it and wussed out obviously! (of corse, we just can\'t have a \'bad guy\' winning now can we?!)

well, for those of you like me who were royally p\'d-off by gav he\'s coming to games day canada so you can join me in hitting him for destroying what started out as some gw\'s best fiction/narrative...
granted you can\'t have chaos win, but grimgor turning out to be a pansy coward and the chaos army acting as though they lost their roadmap is just going too far!!!

cheers!

Mycosynth
05-03-2007, 11:25 PM
You have just given me a reason to go to GD Canada, the merciless beating of a Games Workshop representative :evil:

Trick
05-03-2007, 11:29 PM
experiment 626 wrote:

a believe that it was manfred as vlad is long dead!

volkmar steped forwards towards the vampire and told him, \'a man like me once killed a creature like you\' or similar... manfred thought about it and wussed out obviously! (of corse, we just can\'t have a \'bad guy\' winning now can we?!)

well, for those of you like me who were royally p\'d-off by gav he\'s coming to games day canada so you can join me in hitting him for destroying what started out as some gw\'s best fiction/narrative...
granted you can\'t have chaos win, but grimgor turning out to be a pansy coward and the chaos army acting as though they lost their roadmap is just going too far!!!

cheers!

I stand corrected, I knew Vlad didn\'t seem right, but niether did Mannfred. In my defence though, they\'re both long dead haha! ;)
I can understand GW\'s attempt at a twist, rather than doing the Hero kills Villain cliche, they went for the neutral third party, but Grimgor should have slain the lot of them, he\'s an Orc! At the very least, if they didn\'t want Middenheim to fall GW should have had the High Elves, Bretonnians and Karl Franz\' army break the Chaos horde and leave Mannfred out of it completley, why bring him to Middenheim if he\'s not going to do anything? Pah!

Trick

experiment 626
06-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Mycosynth wrote:

You have just given me a reason to go to GD Canada, the merciless beating of a Games Workshop representative :evil:

hehehe! see you there then;) i\'ll bring an extra hockey stick for you to use just in case!

cheers!

The Warsmith
06-03-2007, 06:40 AM
Trick wrote:

Haha I love watching 40kers tackle fantasy and vice versa, its like watching American Footballers do Ballet :P

ha i no more bout fantasy than 40K. Right Here it goes:

Valten and Archaon engaged each other outside middenheim. Valten was losing. Grimgor knocks archaon flying and basically give him a mortal injury. The current Von Carstein counts are Manfred and Konrad. Valten is in middenheim and is assasinated by it is thought grand master sniktch. Does anyone want anymore fluff? perhaps something about the elven sundering?

Trick
06-03-2007, 08:21 AM
The Warsmith wrote:
ha i no more bout fantasy than 40K. Right Here it goes:

Valten and Archaon engaged each other outside middenheim. Valten was losing. Grimgor knocks archaon flying and basically give him a mortal injury. The current Von Carstein counts are Manfred and Konrad. Valten is in middenheim and is assasinated by it is thought grand master sniktch. Does anyone want anymore fluff? perhaps something about the elven sundering?[/quote]

It wasn\'t a mortal injury that\'s for sure, he headbutted Archaon, cast him to the ground, did his routine and walked off. Archaon\'s horde was broken by the remainder of the Alliance of Light and fled to Brass Keep, Archaon both alive and well, just severely embarassed.

And it isn\'t really thought that Sniktch killed Valten around the gaming community. Sure the symbols of the Skaven were smeared on thw walls and a poison blade was lodged in Valten\'s chest, but many people think that the Skaven, and especially Death Master Sniktch, would have been sneakier than that and more subtle. Rather, its popularly believed that its an Imperial cover up by Karl Franz\' minions, read the SoC book that came out after the campaign, its all in there. Great read!

Trick

Farskit
06-03-2007, 02:31 PM
The skaven ending was pretty messed up too: they took all this time to build a huge explding device under Middenheim, but then a random group of adventurers discovers the whole thing and the skaven, on the brink of defeat, are forced to detonate it before completion! But altough it went boom, it still remains, half-buried under the city.

I mean, such a huge machine, wasn\'t protected?? even the last of the Warlocks would\'ve placed bodyguards, of the nasty kind (Warpstone Rat-Ogres and the like:evil: ).

I think GW tried to content everyone. Look: O&G went on rampage, Alliance of Light freed Middenheim, Dwarfs Slayers massacred the beasts in the north, Chaos is still rooted deep in the Empire as countless warbands roam free, skaven almost blew the Ulricsber off (and could try again), Vampires kicked Crom\'s rear end, Settra the Unperishable widened his empire, Lizardmen defended their shrines but the DE still snatched a good amount of artifacts...

No losers, no winners. Kinda sucks. I really hope they\'ll devise something better for this year\'s campaign!