PDA

View Full Version : Adeptus Titanicus

kharn the betrayer
07-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Well just found a copy with Titans in a second hand shop for the princly sum of ?2.99.

Just thought I\'d post it to firstly Gloat, I am a choas player after all and secondly see if any of you have played it or have any stories about titans.

My best one was a titan going postal, (reactor failure). Blowing up and taking the last 3 of my opponents titans with it when it went boom. Also made a park of the city, ah the memories.

Bwahahahahah how we laughed, actually he didn\'t but I did.

I have also killed a Titan recently in a game of 40K, the mega tank battle, picture this a warhound Titan shoots at my 2 Daemon Princes, wrong thing to do.

I then proceed to tear it\'s legs off in hand to hand combat. The Titan goes kaboom, insert sound effects, sobbing and laughing. 20inch plasma blast radius taking out 15 tanks, none of them mine, at the end the 2 Daemon Princes were still standing.

I enjoyed that day quite a lot. I have been told that I am an evil man, Horus if you are reading this I left my keys at you house when we invaded that last planet. They are the ones with the bunnies on the chain. I need them back soon, and if anyone asks I was there all night.

:laugh:

NathanS
07-04-2006, 05:19 PM
That is just wrong lol

Gaius Julius
07-04-2006, 05:27 PM
kharn the betrayer wrote:

I have been told that I am an evil man, Horus if you are reading this I left my keys at you house when we invaded that last planet. They are the ones with the bunnies on the chain. I need them back soon, and if anyone asks I was there all night.

you weirdo!!

;) ;) ;)

NathanS
07-04-2006, 05:38 PM
That is deffinatly classified as Wierd

kharn the betrayer
07-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Yip I have an unusal sense of humour, which verges on the wierd, I will now switch it off and go into serious mode.

Now back to the topic have any of you played or seen the game Adeptus in action. In my thoughts this was one of the best tactical games that GW has ever made.

There is nothing like stomping around in your 100 foot high emporers class titan and having at your disposal enough firepower to level a small planet.

torn
07-04-2006, 06:02 PM
im sure ive seen this, wasnt it like an add on for space marine which just had lots of plastic titans that could be made imperial or chaos?

heh i used to have a reaver titan and 2 warhound titans to play that with.

kharn the betrayer
07-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Your very close, it was Space Marine that was actually the add on for Adeptus Titanicus,the very first game in the Epic series.

Space Marine, which I also play was one of the big 3 systems supported by Games Workshop. It at one point outsold Warhammer 40k.

Now Epic A is just a shadow of the great Space Marine system, shunned and hiding away in dark corners of the store.:evil:

The only problem was that it takes so long to actually kill a titan, and you can forget firing at it with anything like a bolt gun.

I once had a titan destroyed at a shop by a farmer firing a shotgun, I think that was the rules system just befor Epic A, something to do with a get off my land rule. Thats when I stopped playing the game and moved back in time.

NathanS
07-04-2006, 06:37 PM
didnt the terminators come out first

kharn the betrayer
07-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Adeptus Titanicus was the first game introducing the Epic system You control a number of Imperial Battle Titans, while your oponent controls some Chaos Titans. You reenact battles from the Horus Heresy. The Titans are modular in design and so you could adapt the armaments of the Titans to suite the battle you will be fighting.

This was added to with Space Marine which added infantry to the system. Aticles also appeared in White Dwarf which allowed you to use the war machines of other races. The final expansion for this, the first edition of Epic, Codex Titanicus finalised the rules first introduced in Adeptus Titanicus & Space Marine Ed 1.

Codex Titanicus came out after Space Marine and was an update to the original game. Although there was not much time between them in the epic line Adeptus Titanicus boxed set was first.

Indra
08-04-2006, 02:57 AM
I remember that. Good game that one!!!

adders
08-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Space Marine was always a fav of mine.

Anyone interested in alternative epic rules should check this site out.

http://netepic.org/EPICentre/

They\'re a set of non-GW epic rules, you\'ll find new armies etc as well as the ones you\'ll all recognised.

And the best thing about it is everything you need can be downloaded for free.

Cheers

Horus
08-04-2006, 10:36 PM
kharn the betrayer wrote:

I enjoyed that day quite a lot. I have been told that I am an evil man, Horus if you are reading this I left my keys at you house when we invaded that last planet. They are the ones with the bunnies on the chain. I need them back soon, and if anyone asks I was there all night.

oh yhea got them right here, what happened to that world again?
was that the one angorn accended on?

kharn the betrayer
10-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes I did enjoy that game as well. Except the eldar jet bikes used to always trash my titans! Those were the days when you added a d6 to the combat modifier after the first it really got bad when you threw in 22 jetbikes I roll 21 extra dice take the highest and add + 20 to the combat.

Yes Horus that was the one, you still owe me a drink for that axe throwing contest. I hate it when they move!.....:evil:

Thought for the day ermmmmmmmm. Kill maim burn !