View Full Version : Corpses!!!!! No this isn\'t about zombies...
07-04-2006, 12:11 PM
As the title suggests, I am looking for modelling/conversion ideas for corpses. I am looking into \'nids right now, but any thoughts, suggestions, examples of bodies from any race would be rather helpful. Specifically, I am looking at making a diorama of a squad of terminators fending off a swarm of \'nids. I have made one dying nid, that has just found itself at the business-end of a bolter, I will upload some pics soon, but any advice in the meantime would be excellent. Thanks :cheer:
07-04-2006, 01:15 PM
I\'ll post here on hormie corpses, but for now look at the tread of corvus\'s Chapter master, I modelled a dead on onto the ase. I\'ll do a quick guide soon.
07-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I was going to suggest you check out the pics of my chapter master.. Indra modelled a fantastic dead gaunt onto his base, and it looks absolutley spot on! :)
09-04-2006, 04:29 AM
Ok, the gaunts are by far the best corpses. They die in droves and they are modelled in two parts (For the Body).
For a reference, look at Corvus\' Chapter Master and I\'ll guide you through it.
1. Take the main body and decide how its going to lay. You\'ll notice there are legs missing.
2. Clip the fitting above the smaller main body piece away so you are left with a thigh, calf and hoof.
3. From here you decide the position of the lower leg by fitting the remnamts of the leg you ust cut into the space where the main second half would\'ve fit.
4. Glue the leg into position, and dont worry about the huge gap where the main fitting would have been, this will be hidden.
5. Attach corpse to the base, adding the necessary weapon fits.
Easy as that. This can be applied to any model, just remember that any gaps can be hidden by laying the corpse a certain way, and gives you more flexibility with the pose, and if you must for your sanity, you can add green stuff later.
Post edited by: IndraFurya, at: 2006/04/09 05:29
12-04-2006, 02:53 PM
i have no uidea of how to make dead nids, but there is a article in WD mag 312 of how to make wounded space marines this could be of some help
16-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I recall that article. But the concept remains the same. Also dont be afraid to leave bits off to make a better fit to the base, I left a Talon off the Hormie so that it\'d fit better and the model isn\'t detracted from at all, if anything the improved pose helps with the finished article.