PDA

View Full Version : New Inquisitor

The Dim Reaper
23-12-2006, 06:52 PM
I\'ve been thinking of getting a small allied force of Daemon Hunters for my Storm Reavers for quite some time but have never really had time to knuckle down and do it. However I bought the new WD yesterday and inside I found my inspiration for the Inquisitor.

Here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060202214&orignav=13 )

See the guy on the left? can anyone say Daemon Hammer??

So here\'s what I\'m going to do, I\'ll get the hammer head from the Inquisitor Coteaz model. (anyone got a spare one they could send me??) and then I plan on cutting off his wasit downwards and all those niggly Sigmarite icons and replace it with a robed Dark Angel Torso. Finally I need to get a young yet noble looking head as I want him to be fairly junior. (Which fits in with my Chapter being very young in the scale of things).

I will also be writing up fluff when I can so watch this space.

What do you all think?

Cheers,

Dim

P.S I\'ve also decided to use the guy with the twin axes as a warrior henchman as well. He\'s just too cool to pass up ;)

fridge61
23-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Dim that sounds like one cool conversion, even if it is sort of small.

See the guy on the left? can anyone say Daemon Hammer??
Yes I see him, and yes I would say Daemon Hammer to that!

It sounds like a nice idea and I hope it works out for you. Oh and make sure the fluff is good!

DarthXander
23-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah good spot that!

I want to get the Ulli and Marquand models for my retinue, but the new Empire stuff looks might fine for that sort of thing too!

The Dim Reaper
23-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Dim that sounds like one cool conversion, even if it is sort of small.

Well, I\'m trying to give him a spartan look so maybe I\'ll mould an =][= onto his chest or give him a banner bearer as an acolyte....

Any ideas for simple green stuff conversions tell me. I\'ve never used it before so keep them basic ;)

Cheers,

Dim

P.S Fridge I always write good fluff. Remember the one about the rogue trader and the......

fridge61
23-12-2006, 08:07 PM
P.S Fridge I always write good fluff. Remember the one about the rogue trader and the......
Exactly why I\'m expecting a nine page essay on my desk for 3 pm on Tuesday;)

Greenstuff techniques... erm well I\'ve never used it myself actually but I\'ve been told to always keep it and your tools wet.

DarthXander
23-12-2006, 08:12 PM
I heartily recommend aquiring a sheet of Forgeworld Inquisition brass etch.

I used it on my stormtroopers and they now have sweet shoulder pads with the =I= on them!

The Dim Reaper
23-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Exactly why I\'m expecting a nine page essay on my desk for 3 pm on Tuesday ;)

Yes master.:unsure:

Actually that reminds me, I have to write my piece about the Planet X for our secret friends....

I used it on my stormtroopers and they now have sweet shoulder pads with the =I= on them!

Sounds cool, do you have to buy the one with all the massive etchings or is there just one with small =][=?

Cheers,

Dim

Solinus
23-12-2006, 09:03 PM
This is so cool! I really hope to see fluff and an entire updated WIP thread from you! Hurry up i cant wait to see this :P

The Dim Reaper
23-12-2006, 10:41 PM
I\'m getting a camera for crimbo for exactly this reason, to put my models up here.

Unfortunatly the models don\'t come out till middle of Jan and then I have to wait for the new dark angels. Oh woe is me :(

Cheers,

Dim

DarthXander
23-12-2006, 10:57 PM
The Dim Reaper wrote:

Sounds cool, do you have to buy the one with all the massive etchings or is there just one with small =][=?

Cheers,

Dim

The one with the little =I=\'s on it, it has lots of little extras as well for that fit nicely as armour embellishments/plates with a little bending

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/inqetch.htm

The little =I= are perfectly sized and the other bits look nice on henchmen as well. Its the little details that count. Then should you choose to mount them in a transport you still have the bits!