PDA

View Full Version : Transfer help needed

saustin
18-12-2006, 03:33 PM
So I\'m painting up a new \'cron destroyer and I need help putting on the damned transfers. I follow the instructions but it still comes up with bubbles underneat, any tips will be greatly appreciated :).

+++just added the question mark to thread topic

Starks

Post edited by: Starks333, at: 2007/01/02 15:56

Pyrofoo
18-12-2006, 07:59 PM
I don\'t use transfers that much but all I needde to know from the instructions was that it neede to go in water. I kept it in longer than normal and very carefully, with wet fingers, would smooth it out once it was on. hope that was helpful. Peace!:P

Scolar
18-12-2006, 08:02 PM
use a wet brush to slide the transfer onto the model, then using the wet brush get the transfer very wet and smooth it out best you can. Then get a bit of tissue paper and dab off the water. Should be a little better if you do it that way

hope it helps :)

captain delaque
18-12-2006, 08:06 PM
i have transfered a whole 4th battle company for my deathstrike chapter, here are a few hints.

use a small plate and after about 15seconds in the water with tweezers move them onto the edge of the plate so that it is still wet but not floting around, then after a while pull it out and whilst holding with tweezers in one hand use a brush to move the transfer onto the model, i have found that before you wet the transfer cut it in certain places with a modelling knife. for instance with my assault marines transfe i cut in between the crosses so you would do four little slices between each so that when it is placed onto the model the water actually pulls it into place hope this has helped

DarthXander
18-12-2006, 08:24 PM
I then strongly recommend the application if some varnish over your transfers. I have white transfers on black pads so gloss varnish looks great but if not gloss at least matt as your transfers won\'t last long as SM are usually picked up with their shoulder pads!

captain delaque
18-12-2006, 08:26 PM
ye are agree as they do tend to take a bit of a pasting, i forgot to add that thanks for the reminder darthxander