PDA

View Full Version : First pics of the Jungle Fists of catachan

Whitey
12-12-2006, 09:19 AM
I have posted my first pics of my Chapter: The fists of catachan. These are some of my eary models and hence the painting isnt amazing, i am currently doing some more stuff and will post it when i get round to photographing it.

Ive also almost finished the codex which i will post at some point.

Please give feedback

Drackonis
12-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Its looking pretty good, cant wait to see a full squad done up in the green. It should look really effective when you\'ve finished, and it will stand out from the crowd as well!

Whitey
12-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks, im happy with the techmarine cos the shading on his armour looks ok. I have got 15 marines painted but they were the first things i ever painted so look pretty bad. They are just one shad e of green with one shade of yellow. the current batch of 13 marines look really good, i use 3-4 shades of green on the armour and it is so much better. I just finsihed all the legs and bodies last night so still a week or two to go yet.

Finished the second company captain yesterday and he is so much better painted than that one although i do like the individuality of my commander with jumppack.

Hephesto
12-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Very nice work the entire catachan thing really seems to be working out great. As drackonis said can\'t wait to see a full (or multiple) squad finished. How big is this force going to be??

Whitey
12-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Expect a full squad of 10 bolter-wielding madmen in about 10 weeks. At the moment i have:
-10 man tac squad
-5 man tac squad
-5 man scouts
-partially complete command squad (undergoing a major revamp)
-5 normal terms (green armour)
-5 assault terms (shadow warriors)
-Dreadnought
-Predator
-Razerback
-6 assault marines
-chaplain w jumppack
-5 man devestators

I havent taken pictures of quite alot because they were the first things i painted and im not that happy with them now my painting has improved. The scouts are quite good and the assaults are ok but the tac squads lack rteal depth.

I plan to keep increasing the army indefinately. Would love to have the entire third company and members of the 1st and scout companies. With supporting vehicles and characters.

I think you will like the tac squad im doing when they are finshed. The devestators are my best marines to date because they are the first squad in which i used multiple shades of green for armour. However i didnt manage to get photos of em cos they are only just finished. I will try and post them cos it should give a much better idea of what the army looks like.

Thanks.

Drackonis
12-12-2006, 12:58 PM
How about a picture of all of your army together? Possibly arranged with some jungle terrain if you\'ve got some...?

Whitey
12-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Ok, easier said than done.
I get my mums fella to take the photos cos he is a professional photographer. I tried and they were just so blurry. I only gave him the models i wasnt using in my weekend battles to photo.

I will try and get that done sometime but will mean no battles for maybe a week!!! Noooooo...

I have tham arranged at home like that and they look quite cool. I suppose if i did that you wouldnt notice tha painting on someof the marines. Its not terrible but its just single colours with no shading or highlighting.

Drackonis
12-12-2006, 01:11 PM
That would be froody, but dont go and miss out on battles for a week for the sake of a few pictures! Unless, of course, you really want to.

And from a distance the single colour paint job shouldnt be very visible.

Whitey
12-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Especially when i have DA and orks to kick into next month. lol.

Ill give it a try but cant promise. Got so much stuff in the pipeline though and im repainting so much of my stuff that its never gonna get finished. Currently also doing a converted Term librarian using the plastic term bodies and also got a rhino yest. I have the fist rhino sprues from forgeworld so im gonna make it my command rhino.

Drackonis
12-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Damn, looks like you\'ve got your work cut out for you! Good luck with it all! But now im off, its 11.30pm here and im tired. Night.