PDA

View Full Version : FORUM USE/COMPETITIONS SUGGESTIONS

Starks333
08-12-2006, 03:52 AM
ok, some ideas to clean up this forum a tad, that i think will suit everyone

Post ALL your WIP work in one thread unless its a big project

for example:

Starks\' WIPs...while i can also have \"My Games Day Project\" as its a big project that would just bunch up my WIP section with questions/comments

next, if you are asking a Question(aka not giving info or posting pictures, etc etc) please use the \"?\" topic icon when posting(its right under the subject line), so people know its a question before opening

next, my opinion of picture posting:

-Use Links for pictures that need to be extra big or pictures that do not belong to you...ALSO use a gallery link if you have multiple pictures to show(its easier for people to look through a gallery than it is to click 18 different links)

for example, you have 6 angle shots of your Chaos Lord, but also want to show your squad of chosen, instead of killing the whole page, take your 2 best shots of the Lord, and then the best 2 of the squad and link to the gallery with the explanation that there are more shots in the gallery[/i]

-Use direct imaging --> ...[/img ] for anything else

[i]try to keep the image size 700 pixels or less by 700pixels or less in your photo editing software, this is the standard used by the B/C im not sure if this site reduces the filesize when it reduces the picture size, it just helps pictures load faster for some people

NOTE: the max image size on this forum is still size=450, however limiting your images to 700pixels will allow them to load faster, photobucket auto resizes now but a bit bigger..might as well make em a size that\'ll work for all forums at once ;)

this just helps clean things up and lets people find things easier

STARKS\' COMPETITIONS RULES:

Since the board only shows so many threads at once, Im going to suggest that no more than one competition be going at once, this will better results(entries) and ease expense as well as save space

this will be enacted after the current two are completed, so please only run one modelling competition/contest at a time, and once the due date has come upon, unless extended by the person who is conducting it, it will be locked, left up for another week, and then unstickied

PLEASE PUT THE DUE DATE/END DATE IN THE ORIGINAL POST

NOTE if you were wondering where the heresy competition thread went, i locked it and unstickied it as its due date was long past and the entries are viewable in the gallery

thank you

Starks

Post edited by: Starks333, at: 2007/01/28 22:26

Skrall
08-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Very nice. I\'d say 400 max for images since astro allows no more than 450. As for images i\'d say to peope that like he says images to one thread, UNLESS it is a special peice you want serious crit on. Like the NMM threads,

++ ??? ++

Starks333
08-12-2006, 01:01 PM
The Doctor wrote:

Very nice. I\'d say 400 max for images since astro allows no more than 450. As for images i\'d say to peope that like he says images to one thread, UNLESS it is a special peice you want serious crit on. Like the NMM threads,

++ ??? ++

***sorry, for the pixels i meant with your image editing software(this determines filesize)...

on astro the limit is size=450(which determines the display size on this forum alone, not the filesize of the picture)

Starks

NathanS
06-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I totally agree with this one will help keep the site more organized.

Indra
06-05-2007, 10:05 PM
It\'s a good set of rules, with the ease of use on site for users at it\'s heart. I think that these rules ought to be followed in all cases, unless you have specific needs, in which case you can always ask Starks (He is the mod for this forum) for permission to do so, or to edit the posts to make it more appropriate.

This isn\'t a curb on posting, just a way to make more use of the appropriate features on the site (the gallery for example) and to keep it running more quickly.

Cheers,

Indra