PDA

View Full Version : Ya know \'em, ya love \'em, but how do you make \'em?

Chaplain Orthox
30-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Ok, I have tried to find a guide for making sandbags, as I am starting imperial guard (a space marine player always looks for cover with IG... the whole 5+ armor save gets ya nervous) But I was wondering. How do you make sandbags? Anyone know any ways? thanks...

fridge61
30-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Greenstuff?

I\'ve never actually bothered much with sandbags as I\'m more of the person who makes scenery on impulse rather than sitting down and thinking about it.

Chaplain Orthox
30-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Green stuff is a bit expencive to use though, I mean for a little thing of Citadel green stuff it is like 8$, maybe something of that sort though... maybe clay???

Knight of ne
30-11-2006, 07:56 PM
use Fimo or a brand of green stuff called Milliput.

Fimo is like green stuff in a way but its only one block of chemical stuff, you have to cook it to.

milliput is a very cheap version of GW green stuff, it has a very large amount for a cheaper price, but is a slightly lesser quality, its great for making sand bags or bricks.

its your choice!

hope it helps!

Post edited by: Knight of ne, at: 2006/11/30 20:57

Palfy
30-11-2006, 08:34 PM
I think i posted this somewhere else a while ago (ages in fact) but it is a lot simpler to buy them. Cost about ?3-?4 from Tamiya

On this page (http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/list/35mm/kit35001.htm)

They have other things you can use as scenery too

TargetOnMyBack
07-12-2006, 09:23 AM
I make sandbags out of DAS clay. Any modelling material will do, as long as it hardens - so blutack is right out! The key is not the material, but the look of the sandbags. Make them all the same size, make them small enough to look like they could actually be filled and hefted by your figures - probably not more than half an inch long. Also, use an old blade to score a line along the side of the bags - like a seam. This adds a lot of realism, so they look like something manufactured and then filled, rather than just roundish bricks. Finally, if you have some scrap fabric or bandage, press that into the wet clay so that they have a cloth texture moulded on to them. This will take a drybrush nicely and also adds to the realism.

Post edited by: targetonmyback, at: 2006/12/07 10:25

Chaplain Orthox
07-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks! So many new things to try now!

Ziggy Tempest
07-12-2006, 07:56 PM
you can get them from forge world cant youB)