PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Gargoyles!

Indra
04-04-2006, 09:42 PM
I just found this awesome little tid-bit, and I think if I can achieve this then I may well include gargoyles in my list from now on...

See what you lot think!!!

http://www.hivefleetmoloch.de/rocket-gaunt.php

Minos
04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Very interesting and as much as i love doing conversion i still couldnt bring myself to modify an intire brood like that. Nice look though and Kudoes to the guy and anyone willing to do it.

Indra
04-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Much kudos to me then (For wanting to do it, I\'m yet to try!!!!!)

I\'ll post when I\'ve tried one!

:blink:

DavicusPrime
04-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Makes me think this particular strain of Gaunt was developed after contact with Tau crisis suits...

Either that or these are an excessivly flatulant strain.

Hive Mind Node 1: Why did we have to consume an antire agriworld dedicated to growing beans?
Hive Mind Node 2: It went with the Agriworld dedicated to herding pigs.
Hive Mind Node 3: Hmmmm... Pork and Beans.

-DavicusPrime

Indra
05-04-2006, 03:36 AM
I\'m actually seriously considering cutting up one of my mini\'s to attempt this now...

I\'m so very very tempted!!! Does anyone have any idea what the main two prongs could be made out of? Looks like lolly stix or something, but I cant tell for sure.

:huh:

DavicusPrime
05-04-2006, 04:27 AM
That was the main part I couldn\'t readily identify... Popsicle sticks might be right... but these look too small for that.

I suppose you could use spare scything talons as airfoils in thier place. Or manufacture them out of some other flat yet sturdy material.

I kinda like the metal ones personally.

-DavicusPrime

Indra
06-04-2006, 03:30 AM
I figured out what they are suposed to be. They are shells to cove rth e carapace with small but distinct detailing to resemble the carapace below. Not sure how to make them though.

I\'ve composed an army list of ludicrously fast nids all incolving some conversion...

I may have stepped over the mark this time into proper insanity, but I have a list of 67 minis, 65 of which will need converting...

I think I may go a little mad as I\'m decided. I\'m going to do it bit by bit.

:dry: :S *slips and cuts finger* :pinch: :angry: *finishes first one...* :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Indra
22-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Sod it. I tried to make a winged warrior with the rocket gaunt idea but the sculpting is beyond my means.

I\'m sad to say I lost my temper and threw the mini...

Dammit.

I\'ll have to stick with normal warriors now.

:angry:

I\'ve had to add to this post now too. I felt guilty about slinging the mini so I went back to it to try again, but now I\'m even more irritated. I\'m so irritated in fact by my sculpting impotency that I have the twitches. I\'m drumming fingers and all sorts!

Put it this way, I will now be avoiding my paint/work station for a long time now. It\'s infuriated me so much!!!

Gah!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Post edited by: IndraFurya, at: 2006/04/22 03:41

Indra
22-04-2006, 03:00 AM
I have calmed down a bit now, and put al my gear away. I\'m still not doing any more modelling for a while now, but at least I\'m not raving any more...

:pinch: :S :whistle: