PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy chaos, where to start?

The Warsmith
26-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Well im planning on starting a chaos army in fantasy. I already have a painted mage on horseback. Im planning on either having an all undivided or all nurgle army. Im not sure.

I would like to know which god you would worship and why (fluff and rules reasons plz, not like \'because he\'s cool\' or anything.

I would also like to know what would be good to have in the army for a border patrol battle. Plz include chaos knights cos i love em

Palfy
26-11-2006, 09:02 PM
I would have a tzeentch army, as i really like tzeentch after reading the book \"riders of the dead\"

The spells tzeentch can have are great, especially the one that turns the enemy into horrors, that can be devastating to skinks...

Cant really help with the army, but chaos knights in Border patrol is going to eat up most of your points. They would be devastating but if the messed up their attacks, could lose to a large block of infantry.

One thing i will say is that generally mages are better on foot as they have a wider field of vision

Your Conscience
12-01-2007, 04:04 PM
I agree with what Palf says however don\'t go for a god yet in border patrol because the idea is just to get a feeling for the army. So just spray them and then read the back ground of each to see, which of the god has the most appeal to you.

Captain Castus
12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I\'ve got a small Undivided army... Because I just love the \'Storm of Chaos\' fluff... Archaon, Crom, Belakor etc. are great characters... Gives you more choice and flexibility rules wise too... You can \'dip-in\' to the specific units of a particular God if you like the look of them...

So there you are... Undivided...

Start with - Knights, Marauders and something quick to clobber the opponents war-machines asap, e.g. hounds or furies...