View Full Version : World bearers colour
26-11-2006, 07:50 PM
I know the colours used for the word bearers is shown in the Chaos codex, but can someone tell me what sort of basecoat or techniques were used to get that red?
27-11-2006, 08:39 AM
This is the way I\'m doing mine, that is if would have enough time;
Their basic armour;
- red gore over chaos black undercoat
- highlight edges 50red gore/50snakebite
leather (you could also use 80red gore 20
snakebite leather for a more general
- followed by a subtle shading of red ink.
- boltgun metal
- shading with black/brown ink
- highlight chainmail
- a few small highlights with mithril silver.
And finally the robes/ shouldersymbol are a bit of trail-and-error with the highlighting. I started out from;
- 75 kommando khaki/25 graveyard earth
- highlighted kommando khaki
- highlight 50 kommando khaki/50 bleached bone
- highlight bleached bone
The bony shoulderpad is fairly simple;
- bleached bone
- highlight 50bleached bone/50skull white
- very very very thin layer of watererd brown
- a gentle ink shading around th edges creates
Hope this help!
27-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Start real dark. Brown makes a good basecoat for darker reds, as after all blood dries brown. Its a component colour. Start with a reddy brown and work up.
29-11-2006, 09:54 PM
I prefer a darker colour for my Word Bearers so I paint dark flesh first, followed by red gore, then a dark red wash over the armour to darken it. then a red gore highlight and a red gore mixed with blood red highlight.