PDA

View Full Version : I have Mark of Chaos

The Warsmith
24-11-2006, 06:50 PM
I ahve mark of chaos, its great but you really need good comp. Just saying

Indra
25-11-2006, 06:52 AM
It does look fantastic, doesn\'t it? I may yet buy the thing... yet anoth GW game to add to my ever expanding collection...

Indra

Mycosynth
25-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Looks good but it would never work on my comp.

Gaius Julius
26-11-2006, 07:16 AM
I dunno, it MAY work, but that\'s a big may.....

GJ

The Warsmith
26-11-2006, 07:50 PM
I had to turn everything down to low but its still amazing

Palfy
26-11-2006, 07:55 PM
what is the minimum spec needed to run it exactly?

Dyp
26-11-2006, 08:10 PM
whats it like, because i was gonne get it for chrimas?

The Warsmith
26-11-2006, 08:17 PM
well its quite hard controlling all the parts of your army. Its all really based around your general as , if youve evr played some of the old strategies, you by troops as you oprogress through the campaign at camps, instead of raising them. And sometimes you get them from defeating peeps. the campaigns are huge and seeing as ive only played the chaos one, the game is big. At the end of chapter one for chaos you haver to pick whether to be champ of nurgle or khorne, i chose nurgle, he rocks.

Buyt thts basically it and the missions are really inventive. Defending castles is hilariously fun and the close ups are great like rome total war. And theres more gore. It will probably be a big change to peeps who play liek warcraft 3 and age of empires but its good all the same.

Dyp
26-11-2006, 08:25 PM
age of empire was such a great game

and warcraft 3 had a great campgain

Gaius Julius
31-12-2006, 10:51 AM
I just got it too!! Awesome game, I\'m playing the Chaos campaign as a Khorne army!! This game rocks:D

Great graphics, but if they had made the animations more like Dawn of War this game would be perfect:D

GJ

DarthXander
31-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Is it a real time strategy game then?

Is it similar to Dow and AoE to use?

Gaius Julius
31-12-2006, 11:01 AM
No not particularly. It is real-time strategy, but there is no base building, and the only resource management is the collection of gold. After each battle, you then have the oppurtunity to set-up camp and replenish your units, level up your heroes, and buy new units etc. You can even customise what all your guys look like:D

The battles play very much like a mix of Rome:Total War, and the Warhammer fantasy game itself. It plays like total war because you start off with all your units, and they all have moral and stamina, and you are able to deploy them etc. However, when I\'m playing the game, I actually feel like I\'m playing a real-time version of the table-top game, which is different to the very realistic approach of the Total War games.

All in all, it\'s pretty good, although it could be a bit better(like having the ability to pause the game during the battle to help you to control your units, like in total war.)

GJ

Farskit
16-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Got it too, and finished the chaos campaign with Nurgle. I just love when chaos Knights charge.
I like this game very much, although the lack of a \"pause\" button really hurts.

In the campaign, you can pause when choosing skill, but that doesn\'t work during skirmishes against the CPU.
And when heroes gain like 10 levels in a few seconds (in the heat of the battle), you\'d really like to pause for upgrading.

Anyway, it\'d be nice to play multiplayer games, wouldn\'t it?

adders
16-01-2007, 07:38 PM
I found it hard to control at the begining but got the hang of it after a while.

Haven\'t played it for a while, gone back to Guild Wars, but nearly finished the Good Campaign, will have to get back to it sometime soon.