PDA

View Full Version : A Game of Thrones Living Card Game

Inquisitor023
18-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Yeah. I was... Pretty surprised to discover it myself.

Anyone play it? I split the cost of a Core Deck with a friend (Four decks!) and we intend to have a four-player royale tomorrow when we get off school early.

I did play a one on one (Starks (myself) vs Lannisters *Spit*) and it was complex but pretty fun.

Littlefinger is ridiculous. That is all.

- Inquisitor

waylander2
24-01-2012, 09:06 AM
We play this fairly regular, love the game (inbteween the other million board/card games we do)

Got a 4 player game friday night.

My friend has the game. He's got the core set and Greyjoy. I think he's expanding on the 4 core decks, then sticking there. You could end up spending lots of money if you buy everything for this. But yes, our group gives it two tums up

I find that Barritheon attracts too much attention, i've almost won very early in the game with them a few times, then 3 people pick on you. I like Stark when "Army of the North" appears on the table

Inquisitor023
05-02-2012, 01:26 AM
I like Stark when "Army of the North" appears on the table

You sir, are after my own heart. <3

War Host of the North is a beastly card. That with Winterfell and Storm of Steel (Or Power of Arms) is a Strength 12 (Or 14) card that can attack twice (If you use Storm of Steel). Couple that with the 'Siege of Winterfell' Agenda and... Well... :D

I've noticed that Agenda is rather overpowered, too. The FAQ says that moving power is not claiming, so Power Challenges work. Character Cards can still claim Power (Renown, Kings in the North). So... Really, the only thing you can't do is claim power for an opponent not defending or for winning dominance.

As for Bar., I hate the blighters. Too many conditions! I had Catelyn Stark with Summer in one game who was both Stinking Drunk and under Milk of the Poppy. Still slaughtered. :D

This really is a fun game. I love it. Wish I could get more people though. :(