PDA

View Full Version : Painting Gaurd Dilema

brotherlamentus
18-11-2006, 09:05 PM
HEy guys i\'m relativly new to the system been buying troops for ages but just havent had time to paint em. I\'ve decided to do something different with the fluff for my force but in short they owe a lot to the sons of dorn.. the imperial fists themselves, And as such display the IF Colours and sometimes eventhe legion badge outa sheer resperct. My dilema is how to go about painting tanks and super heavy tanks, because block yellow doesnt exactly look too good. any and all advice is welcome folkes. Thanks in advance

Scolar
18-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Well I highly doubt an Imperial Guard tank driver would want to go to war in a yellow tank that sticks out like a sore thumb. Paint the tanks camo scheme like normal but have a select number of armour plates in the IF colours, with perhaps the chapter badge on it

Hephesto
19-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Well Indrafurya has a very good article about yellow infantry, which should also work very good for vehicles.

You can find it under \'the game - modelling- painting marines with washes\'

On the left side ;)

Post edited by: hephesto, at: 2006/11/19 16:52

Starks333
19-11-2006, 04:27 PM
im pretty sure troops would hate yellow more than tanks :P tanks are noisy anyways, kinda hard to sneak a tank by people hahaha

but if you want, how about your secondary colour on the tanks? with only very minor yellow

Starks

Mycosynth
19-11-2006, 04:31 PM
As stated above i would read Indra\'s article. I\'m not sure about other people but i always hated painting yellow, even if it does look awsome on Fist\'s.