PDA

View Full Version : WFRP 40k mod

ZeroState
17-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi all,
I\'m playing in a WFRP campaign at the moment, and am liking the system.
Being more of a 40k universe fan though, and not being able to wait another whole year for Dark Heresy, I looked about to see what other people had done mod-wise, with the idea of doing a mod myself if necessary. I came across this:
http://www.goblin-online.net/fortyk/wfkrp.html
It\'s pretty hefty, but looks good. Before I go for printing the whole lot out, I thought I\'d ask if anyone has tried to run it, or have any experience of it?

Post edited by: zerostate, at: 2006/11/17 21:49
I\'ve just completed your link, Vader

Post edited by: AunO Vader, at: 2006/11/18 09:12

Indra
18-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Havent but as an old school RPG\'er I have written RPG games systems in the past and developed old ones into better forms.

Best thing to suggest is keep it on PDF and test it out using the basics before comitting printer to paper. If it works out, test a bit more with the advanced rules and then if it works, print it, or modify it then print it.

Its tricky, but its a patience game to test a modded RPG system. Why not Adapt inquisitor rules? they\'re seemingly complex but once you understand it you can use the system for anything.

Indra

ZeroState
18-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks.
I did consider Inquisitor, but wanted something where a campaign could be more easily morphed into DH when it arrives. And combat in Inquisitor is a bit more detailed than I think I want for an RPG. I know it could be simplified, but the WFRP rules are there already.
Mind you, a WFRP style careers and skill system bolted onto Inquisitor does sound cool...
I\'ll have to think more on this.