PDA

View Full Version : A question on \'sabers

fridge61
17-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Aun how did you make the lightsabers for your Darth Vader and Darth Maul mini\'s?

Please tell as I\'m thinking of making a squad of Tau with them.

Scolar
17-11-2006, 09:16 PM
If they were real Jedi-Tau then they would know how to make them :P

May the force be with you....always.

Ocelot
17-11-2006, 09:18 PM
if you put the right components in the handle then the light should come out at a mere press of a button.

Anywho, post piccies if/when you get the secret so we can have a look?

Mycosynth
17-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Im pretty sure the Darth Mual one is an hounor blade and the Vader one is a great sword.

Knight of ne
17-11-2006, 09:19 PM
kroot with sabers
ethereals with light sabers
or even farsight with a light saber!

how cool!!

Aun O Vader
17-11-2006, 09:29 PM
well, seeing as so many people seem interested I shall divulge the secret of my weapons (for models only, I\'m not telling you how to make a real one, thats mine alone!)

http://www.astronomican.com/images/zoom/TAU/viewsize/100_0600.jpg
El\'Maul\'s is simply the honour blade that comes with the Aun\'Shi model, painted and shaded to make it look like a glowing blade.

Aun\'O\'Vader\'s is a little bit more involved! I had to create the model so that he had the hand held in a guard position (this was relatively simple, when I get around to remaking him I\'ll make him a bit more dynamic. I used a couple of pieces of round off-cut to create a handle and pommel around the hand, then drilled through to make it all more rigid with some pin. I then got a spare flying base stand and got carving! You\'ve got to be really careful to make sure you don\'t snap it, and you\'ve got try and carve it so that it creates interesting angles to catch the light. Then go to a craft shop and get some glass paint. these normally come in the main colours of lightsabres so you could create any colours you want! the advantage of the glass paints is that they dry transparent so the blade remains this way, and looks more like a lightsabre!

happy, answered?

Knight of ne
17-11-2006, 09:31 PM
it couldnt be easier!