PDA

View Full Version : Wraithbone?

PegLegBill
14-11-2006, 05:37 PM
What does wraith bone look like, colour, shape ETC, as i am converting a new HQ choice (Autarch bill\'der\'nesh / Cap\'n Peg Leg Bill) and i want it to look as good as possible.

Dyp
14-11-2006, 05:41 PM
well your the but it must look liik bone, mabye to ad efect to lines of purple run thourght the bone

and i think it can be any shape

adders
14-11-2006, 05:41 PM
I know this might be a naff answer but I\'ve always believed it to be a kinda bone colour.

That\'s the colour I\'ve always seen it represented as in Eldar terrain.

As for shape, as with all things Eldar, it has to look elegant.

And as a bonus here\'s what Wikipedia has to say about wraithbone (not what you asked but it might help)>

\"Wraithbone is the main construction material of the Eldar, and the staple of their psycho-technic engineering. It is brought forth from the warp and shaped by Bonesingers through psychic power. It is used to create the craftworlds of the Eldar, their tanks and other vehicles, constructs such as the Wraithguard and Wraithlords, to weapons and armour. It is a psychic conductor and so not only provides the structure for the things built of it, but also power distribution and communications. Wraithbone is a highly resilient material, and capable of limited self-repair. It, and the other building materials of the Eldar, will grow and react more like tissue and plants than the building materials of other races.\"

Cheers

Post edited by: adders, at: 2006/11/14 17:42

Accendo
14-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Hey there PegLeg, well I know this isn\'t very tabletop HOWEVER the Dawn of War games are all 100% canonical because they were created story / unit wise alongside the chief story dude of 40k universe... Therefore going off the premise that the guy in infallable in this universe Wraithbone just start off like a blob of substance ((kinda like hard play-dough)).

Then the bonesinger (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060104112&orignav=10 ) sings to it and it becomes the shapes he wants so it can be what shape you want, try to keep it curvy though.

As for colour well as was mentioned in the wiki acrticle by Adders the Wraithlords / Wraith-guard and tanks are made from the stuff and they aren\'t all bone coloured... so have fun ((Ulthwe would tend to just have the bone though, that and black)).

Starks333
14-11-2006, 06:22 PM
as to shape simply look at the Bonesinger model for an idea, hes weaving wraithbone

Starks

Aun O Vader
14-11-2006, 06:55 PM
basicallly, because wraithbone is grown to order by the bonesingers for the battlefield it can be any shape and any colour, depending upon what you are representing, however, it will tend towards more organic shapes rather than harsh angles, remember, in nature there is no such thing as a straight line.