PDA

View Full Version : Battlefleet Gothic - Attack Craft

Eternus
02-06-2011, 09:59 AM
To all the BFG players here, anyone want to let me know how you deal with the rules for Attack Craft? Mainly the rules for Fighter and Bombers, waves and CAP, as some of these rules are not covered within the Rulebook. I have obtained sets of home brew rules for various options for CAP, bonus attacks for Fighters which are part of waves attacking ships and some other stuff, but wanted to see what other people are doing.

Thanks.

Marticus
02-06-2011, 11:12 AM
i just use the standard rules dude, if its not in the book i dont use it. :P

Eternus
02-06-2011, 11:35 AM
So what do you do when it comes to waves? The way the rule in the book work, there absolutely no reason to have mixed waves of Bombers and Fighters, because Bombers and Fighters remove each other 1 for 1, so Fighters aren't protecting Bombers so much as using up launch capacity.

Marticus
02-06-2011, 12:32 PM
ooo making me think now been many a year since i playe di think my fleet and book are buried in dust somewhere, i dont think we ever used mix waves, to be fair. though i did find it odd that you could pump out infinite amounts of attack craft, hang back lad up mega swarms and send em off

Skringly
02-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I rarely ever deployed fighters, mainly because my opponeant never used hangers so never sent much my way, I just spammed the bommers and hammered into cruisers one at a time.

Honsou
02-06-2011, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't bother with custom rules, the standard rules are overpowered enough as it is. There is a good reason to run mixed waves- the fighters are unlikely to damage ships, whereas bombers will make mincemeat of any ship in no time at all. The trick is to stack the fighters on top so that the enemy fighter removes them instead of bombers. Yes bombers do that just as well, so mostly they are handy to have if you need to make a rapid intercept of enemy ships.

That said, I do see your point- I always ran just masses of bomber stacks, as many as I could, and threw them at ship after ship. You're almost guaranteed to win, they're so overpowered :laugh:

Eternus
02-06-2011, 01:59 PM
There is a good rule that has been introduced to counter the power of massed waves - you can only have in play a number of AC markers equal to your remaining operational launch bays - so the more you're carriers take damage, the less ability you have to launch large numbers of craft, and you have a set limit of AC markers to launch from the off.

Marticus
02-06-2011, 05:17 PM
makes sense to me, but then we dont really play BFG anymore, mainly Firestorm armada ohh yeah! craft are handled better in that

VolatilSpam
12-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Fighters are mainly for anti-torpedo, I think. Against ships, you're more likely to want more bombers, as you said above, but against torps, fighters are ace; turrets and batteries are pretty meh, and lances are just awful.