View Full Version : Dreanought Ideas

Dyp
29-10-2006, 12:27 AM
right

well i need ideas for 2nd nought

i was thinking of gicing him a gaint axe as his name id Draco the wolf:ohmy:

Ocelot
29-10-2006, 12:32 AM
What kind of dreadnought? Venerable? Also you need to think about the weapons loadout so then you can decide on what details to add. Purity seals? Tabards and things like that.

Dyp
29-10-2006, 12:46 AM
think may make it venrable

and what you mean loadout

Aun O Vader
29-10-2006, 12:54 AM
he means what weapons you will be giving it as well as a huge axe!

sounds cool btw

Mycosynth
29-10-2006, 12:56 AM
Give it a planet killer:)

Dyp
29-10-2006, 01:13 AM
well a metli

im buying a forge world venrable one

but the metla is like a right combat arm and 2 marine metlas togheter

Ocelot
29-10-2006, 01:16 AM
That would be a multi-melta then I think.

So make a big axe or something to make the Dread stand out :)

Dyp
29-10-2006, 01:19 AM
yeah, he dreans holding the axes edge and cause its forge world you can edit the claws of the hand so he can grip

do you guys think noughts can be speacil chars?

Aun O Vader
29-10-2006, 01:25 AM
speaking as someone who comes from the days of two seperate armies having dread specials then yes, they can be! damn, now I\'m reminiscing again, soon it\'ll be vortex grenades!

Ocelot
29-10-2006, 01:26 AM
Yeah they definatly can be special characters like if a Marine was really powerful in his chapter then was mortally wounded, he may be transfeered to a Dreadnought and still regarded as a hero.

Dyp
29-10-2006, 01:34 AM
yeah cause mosy noughts get like all most abused when they are incasde, bacily because they sleep

well i dont care if it doesnt suit fluff bet he almost never sleeps, he was the captain of the frit copmany before the chapter war between close combat and renged broke out and the guilded knightshad to get 2 captains, he was wounded in the 2nd last battle of the war, and took it 100 years to get a nought to work with his mind (he was a genuis, and so alot of nought could not handle his abiltes, took 75 years to build a nougth ablie to walk like him and to let him sleep like a normal marine not like a nought

Scolar
29-10-2006, 01:45 AM
So this dreadnought sleeps on a bed? :laugh:

Dyp
29-10-2006, 01:47 AM
no, its a bit like a soul transver, when he sleeps he moves his soul into a dream like state in a suit of SM armour, he has his own sleep devices (genuis)

but im gonna post help about rules in 40k thread

Iron father
01-11-2006, 09:18 PM
space marines dont sleep any way normally, if they do they only sleep for 4 hours becuase it helps thier personality ?!? so you\'ve got a forge world dread (which is resin and resin is to brittle to be converted like plastic, you can only add to it not change it so theres not much you can do there) and a melti melta ? if you want to do a lot of converting i would surgest just getting a normal dread and makeing it in the style of a fw dread like i did.

Skrall
01-11-2006, 09:49 PM
FLUFF NAZI INBOUND!

RIght, marines sleep. They Can go without REM sleep for 53 days (cortez of the Crimson FIsts has the record), however prolonged periods of the half sleep (and organ is in place which put half there brain to sleep ready awake when theirs danger) have been know to cause a level of pychosis and madness which, even for marines, can be rather unhealthy.

on the idea\'s of dreadnought i\'m making two. One is a plasti dread made for the death guard based on the venerable model with a descent sized head. The second is like those of the current/previous WD with the custonian dreads.

Hawke

Ocelot
01-11-2006, 10:14 PM
I have read alot of ideas how a special Dreadnought can act just like a Space Marine. I am sorry to spoil everything but a Dreadnought is used to keep the marine alive so he can fight longer. When not in battle, a Dreadnought in a very deep sleep and will not move. Only when the Techmarines wake them will a Dreadnought move and fight. A Dreadnought cannot talk.

Skrall
01-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Dreads talk find, they are basically marines kept in a stasis feild to keep them from death. They are no diffrent to marines in that respect. I reckon they can forgo sleep, but the marine may do it habbitually

Hawke

DavicusPrime
01-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Um... Yes a dreadnought does talk. There have been several examples of Dreads talking in the fluff:

Iron Hands Novel: When the clan leaders met to send an Iron Father of one of the clans to fulfil the chapter\'s vow to assist the Adeptus Mechanicus, one of the clan leaders was a Dread and was able to add his opinion verbally.

2nd Ed. Fluff for Space Wolves: One of the original Space wolves that fought along side Russ himself, was interred in a dreadnought and was known to reawaken periodically to test the chapter\'s Wolf Priests and Librarians on their knowledge of the chapter\'s history. Which would require that he be able to talk and hear. This is the fluff behind their ability to take venerable dreads... Back before everyone could.

A dread is a robotic body and lifesupport system that the mortally wounded marine is grafted into. The dread effectivly becomes the marine\'s flesh and senses. I\'m not sure why you would assume the marine could not use the dread to communicate.

Additionally, the dread as body does not allow the marine to forgo sleep. Sleep is required for psychological health if not bodily health. The marine\'s brain is not changed by placing him in a dread chassis. So sleep would still be required.

-DavicusPrime

Scolar
01-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I don\'t believe they would talk, but they would probably talk like the really clever dude that uses a computer to communicate. I have indeed read fluff saying how techmarines will \'activate\' or wake up the dreadnought by talking to the machine spirit inside it and the 9/10ths dead dude inside.

Ocelot
01-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Righto, a Dreadnought can talk, but they still are only awake for battles, I have read that definatly somewhere. There are cases of Dreads being hundreds of years old, sure Marines can live that long, but it is of more use to have the Dreadnought put to sleep in between battles when it is not needed.

Skrall
01-11-2006, 10:52 PM
thats chaos dreads, simply because they have been driven mad by a lust for blood and never touched. *Has story idea*

Anyway dreads can pretty much keep on going until the end of time. They are powered by plasma, never falls asleep (for 52 days) and usually have enough ammo to kill the enemy before using that big \'ol claw

Hawke

Dyp
02-11-2006, 12:39 AM
i kinda wanna have a nouhgt (im deicidng to do my charlater on) thats looks like the horus heresy book III(3)
Dhekarst dreadnought
cant find it on his site, if you can show it to us
and tell me how to make it look like that, whats parts and what conversion tools

Edit: FOUND IT COOL

takes away the nought name and you get every HH card

Post edited by: Dyp Draco Wolf, at: 2006/11/02 01:41

lupusumbra
02-11-2006, 02:35 AM
the big thing is that they are only awakened in times of need, not for every battle. Flash back to second ed fluff agine when the fang was attacked they acctuly woke all the space wolf dreds, including Bjorn. Times of great need. Long live the vortex grenade and overwatch

Scolar
02-11-2006, 02:43 AM
yeah lupusumbra is correct. Dreadnoughts do not run around all the time \'training\' because they are only awoken for battles. Chaos dreads AND loyalist both get awoken for battles.

Aun O Vader
02-11-2006, 02:50 AM
ok, all this is true in general, but why wouldn\'t there be a special case for specific characters, they have 2 special cases, where a dread manages to contract the Red Thirst despite actually being interred into a dread, and Bjorn the Fell Handed has lived for 10 thousand years! if you can come up with it and justify it then there is no reason why it can\'t be in the fluff!

Scolar
02-11-2006, 02:51 AM
what is scarier than a Dreadnought that has fallen to the black rage! They have to chain them down in the Flesh Tearers base :P

Skrall
02-11-2006, 03:16 AM
try a chaos dreadnought decicated to khorne suffering frenzy.

6 + 2d6 movement :S

And it must charge

hawke

darkhand
03-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Dark Lord Dyp wrote:

well a metli

im buying a forge world venrable one

but the metla is like a right combat arm and 2 marine metlas togheter

Im thinnking of getting the FW ven dreadnaught as you are. I am even thinking of getting a multimelta. are you going to use it as is or are you going to change it.

Personnaly Im debating what close combat arm to get I am considering the seige dred arm or the one that looks a bit like a power claw. Other than that Im gonna add some of the small etched brass symbols (Imperial Eagles, Numbers) as well as some more purity seals and the Imperial fists/Crimson fists symbols. (my chapter uses some fists Iconography)

Good luck on your Dreadnaught. And post some pics when you get it.