PDA

View Full Version : Planning a terminator chaplain...

Indra
28-10-2006, 04:02 AM
Its Duron, the Terminator Chaplain from my DtC force. Its to complement this guy:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/RonJonesLP/Imperial%20Fists/Imperial%20Fists%20SM%20Captain/SMCaptaindaylight001.jpg

Who is Nostro Silmarus, also from DtC.

Its more for fluff than tactical reasons, but a Chaplain with a pair of lightning claws always worked for me. Just for the look. So I\'m planning on using the following components (I\'m just about to secure a large sum of cash to clear a lifes worth of debt and leave some spare so I\'m gonna treat myself DAGNAMMIT!), and I\'d like your opinions.

Body:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=A&Img=255663
(not the arms, just the body)

Shoulder Pads:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/fist-term-padsstore.jpg

And the plastic Terminator Lightning Claws ni a suitably aggressive pose.

Eh?

Whaddya think?

Starks333
28-10-2006, 04:20 AM
i wont have much to say other than im so sick of that chaplain.....i see that body everywhere!!!(and i hate scroll paper robes)

maybe take his torso, put it on normal termie legs, add in a robe and the shoulder pads(which are very nice i must admit, i have 10 sets)

im not sure about the claw though, i always found only having one claw looked weird unless they were finger claws

Starks

fridge61
28-10-2006, 04:37 AM
I don\'t really like the legs that much... I see them way too often! I agree with starks put it on normal termie legs, use some greenstuff to jazz it up a bit more if you want.
The pads are cool! And i can see it working out nicely (if done correctly)

That\'s my opinion

Iron father
28-10-2006, 05:48 AM
i agree to i hate that termie, i bought it kept the arms and sold the body, i reckon you should just make the body from scratch useing the plastic termies, i have seen some cool things done with plasti card to build up diffrent layers and shapes of armour IMO any way

Dyp
28-10-2006, 07:45 AM
im not a fan of the top but then the bottom sound nice

Aun O Vader
28-10-2006, 05:59 PM
I really like that terminator, I think that it looks cool as, but I appear to be in the minority.

I assume from your post that you\'re actually planning on giving him 2 LCs? and leaving the crozius off him? which will look excellent! If you\'re really that concerned about what other people think then use a different body and make a body from a normal terminator, that bits up to you.

after seeing the work you\'ve done on Nostro (when do we get to see him painted btw?) then I\'m really looking forward to seeing this completed!

Indra
29-10-2006, 01:52 AM
Well nostro isn\'t quite complete. I have to GS in his arm sockets a bit more, but he will be the model I use in my tutorial for good gaming standard painting (i.e. what people like me who aren\'t as talented as starks and cant find the time to become as talented aim for)

And yeah, I ought to specify, its a Terminator Chaplain with a PAIR of Lightning Claws. Crozius is great, sure, but I want 2 LC\'s for the look (A mad priest with claws? Oh yeah....)

And the centre pair of FW pads with the extended upper rim will be used.

:)

I cant wait...

And I like this new Chappie Termie body, so much better that the old one. And as I dont get to play often enough I dont see a lot of it around so the novelty is still there for me.

fridge61
29-10-2006, 02:11 AM
I like the middle pads!

And who\'s Nostro?

Indra
29-10-2006, 02:35 AM
Nostro Silmarus, the power bladed marine in the first post and recently eradicated from DtC Imperial Fists Fifth Company Captain of my own creation.

:)