PDA

View Full Version : Witch Hunter - Inquisitor for Fantasy?

Eternus
17-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Ok guys, in an effort to boost the general Inquisitor related discussions, I know plenty of people have talked about and play Inquisitor at 28mm, but has anyone tried making some tweaks to the rules in order to play a Fantasy version of the game? The potential for some great Fantasy characters at 54mm is there, but would the game work? I can't think of any reason why not. It could possibly be played as a dungeon adventure based narrative skirmish game a la Warhammer Quest maybe? But rather than a mass of fighting, it could be puzzles to solve and traps to avoid and stuff.

In fact, imagine all the Gotrek and Felix type adventures that could be recreated, with their intrigue and mystery as well as good scraps! you could have Vampires, Chaos Cults, Thanquol and his nefarious plots and schemes - there could be a lot of plot potential here.

What do you guys think?

Kaled
17-03-2011, 09:56 PM
You're not the first person to think of this - but it is a good idea. In fact the version I know of was also called Witch Hunter. Links to rules and discussion can be found here;
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5.0

There's also some great 54mm models that have been posted on the 'Clave.

Eternus
18-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Hey guys, here is a link to my Inquisitor album (http://www.astronomican.com/album.php?albumid=462).

Kaled
20-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Nice work - I especially like Inquisitors Corvius & Varilov. :happy:

Eternus
21-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Nice work - I especially like Inquisitors Corvius & Varilov. :happy:

Cheers dude. I was really happy with how Corvius came out. Many of the others were made out of all sorts of bits because I didn't have the cash to dedicate to buying every model I wanted. I was also happy with some of the subtle conversions, like adding the scorpion tail to the Arco-flagellant, and the head swap and green stuff fringe on Varilov.

Because there are comparatively few purpose built Inquisitor models on the shelves, the modelling aspect of the hobby really comes to the fore with this game. I think many people would be pleasantly suprised by what they can achieve.

Kaled
21-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Because there are comparatively few purpose built Inquisitor models on the shelves, the modelling aspect of the hobby really comes to the fore with this game. I think many people would be pleasantly suprised by what they can achieve.I agree - it's a common misconception that the fairly small size of the GW range means that there's no way to make original and interesting characters without doing a huge amount of conversion work, but that simply isn't the case. If you're prepared to use non-GW miniatures (and why wouldn't you given how good some of them are?!) then there's hundreds of models to choose from that can easily be 40k-ified, but even if you do want to stick to only using GW models then there's still tons of options whether you want to do loads of conversion work or just a little.