PDA

View Full Version : Marts Firestorm Armada wip, reviews and thoughts

Marticus
16-02-2011, 12:45 PM
well, this is what i got in the mail this morning.....

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr198/marticus/DSCN4797.jpg

my nice shiny copy of the rules!! not had much of a chanve to read it yet, since i had it sent to work, but first impressins of the book are.... its nice, full colour feels good, well put together, nice token sheets in it, printed fleets as well at full scale they said you can cut out to get started playing straight away as well. and i cant wait to get stuck into the rules...

i had to take this shot.... hows this for some innovation!!
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr198/marticus/DSCN4798.jpg

rules to build and design your own ship!! they have set limits in place to keep things balanced, but i really like that touch... its nice! anyways once ive had more of a read i shall post some more info up

Skringly
16-02-2011, 12:52 PM
*Envy*

How I envy you sir! I want to start Firestorm Armada too.

Carrelio
16-02-2011, 10:13 PM
That looks wickedly cool! How dare you further distract me from my busy work schedule!

Consadine
16-02-2011, 10:36 PM
We should start taking bets on how often this'll get updated. I can say it's going to get sparse come Saturday... :laugh:

Marticus
16-02-2011, 11:06 PM
oi!!! the review will get done... at some point, i didnt exatly pic the best time with the move and that i give ye that

Captain Kellen
16-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Move, post, game... sounds like life to me! I have seen some of the ships from the rest of the line. I'm impressed with the resin ships regardless.

CK

Honsou
18-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Being able to design your own ships? Always a plus point that :grin:

Marticus
10-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Righty well as promised, my thoughts on the rules......

Well lets start with the presentation, the book was full colour, very nice, felt good quality as well, certainly compared with my army books which just disintegrate in seconds! but yeah well presneted with nice pictures and most examples have excellent simple to understand diagrams. There was a lack of painted ships to drool over in the book i do admit, but then thats the downside to doing a book with all the rules in before the minis are out.

The rules themselves, are rather elegant, in fact once i had pulled my head out of the GW mode of though of ballistic skills and such like, i found the FA sheets very easy to check, and the system as a whole simple without being basic. I didnt find any ru;es that i didnt understand or where too vague either. I liked the cut out fleets they inserted in the book for you to have a practice game with before you got the models (we used those for a game more on that later) and the rules for the fleets in the book as well. Also a quick refernce card as well was in the book! i have really missed those, forgot how handy they are for gaming.

My mate photocopied the fleets for us to have a game, they are all done in scale and with permission to do this. so we lined up and had our first basic game. worked very well in fact, im rather pleased and shall deffo be getting the full sized lovely minis to carry on with

Aeth
11-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Awesome, looking forward to a battle report.