PDA

View Full Version : Atreidai's Estallian Handgunners

Atreidai
09-02-2011, 02:49 AM
Hokay...this is like post 12 or something for me tonight so I might not say as much (those of you with an analytical bent might note the lowering character count and compare it to the level of aforementioned "wit and ribaldry"...it could be fun...just sayin')

I have to say I downright proud of these guys!

Not really because they are the best painted minis that I have ever seen, they aren't, or even because they are the best painted minis in my collection..I don't really know, isn't that for you to tell me? I just like them basically...always had a "thing" for conquistadors, and these are the first steps to my very own Estallian "Tercios" (Historical term...look it up...)

tada!

By the by, yet another take on a more simplistic painting approach that looks very effective on the tabletop and doesn't take tooooo much time to pull off...

-D

Atreidai
19-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Awww...c'mon! not even a "Wow those blow chunks!"? Or maybe..."Those are so cool can I follow you around wearing sandals and learning from your greatness?"?

-D

Ossai
19-02-2011, 03:48 PM
I have to admit, I missed this completely. Those are pretty good, but there are a few things:

The metal and wood could maybe to with a black wash,
They don't have eyes, how can they see? :O

Aeth
19-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Some very cool models, I like the Nordland colour scheme you have on them as well.

Atreidai
20-02-2011, 09:19 PM
@Ossai: "...rank and files dont need eyes, they simply need to die where told to..." -Tacticus

@Aeth: Nordland...well heres for nothing, I could have sworn that there was a diorama on the back of some White Dwarf back in the day that had something like "an ill fated Estalian expidition.." or some such with a bunch of these style Empire guys getting ambushed left and right by Lizardmen...it was from when the Lizardmen were first being introduced..or maybe re-introduced, whatever.

But if it's Nordland now..and I checked yep...then we can be Swedes!

-D

Captain Kellen
20-02-2011, 10:08 PM
I like what you have done with these guys...

I think that some sort of wash, as mentioned before, would really be a 'next step' in building upon what you are already doing.

The eyes... I struggle with them so I'm no thelp at all...

I'll be in some corner looking at round bases!

CK

Ossai
21-02-2011, 12:07 AM
@Ossai: "...rank and files dont need eyes, they simply need to die where told to..." -Tacticus
I see your point (Because I can see, does that mean I am not rank and file? ;))

Honsou
02-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Awww...c'mon! not even a "Wow those blow chunks!"? Or maybe..."Those are so cool can I follow you around wearing sandals and learning from your greatness?"?

-D

People tend to check the gallery less frequently, and all at once :laugh:

As to the models: well, tbh, not a fan. The paint (especially on the helmets) looks very thick and bit-y, and the whole thing could definitely do with a wash.