PDA

View Full Version : where can i find a base for my ork killer kan

tsissab86
20-10-2006, 06:59 PM
ok just found my ork army from when i first started 40k and the ork killer kan is based on a moverment tray from warhammer as i was only playing games with my mates at the house, so where do i find a proper base form it, havent a clue what size to use so if any 1 know can you please help. also if any 1 know of any good ways to get paint of both plastic and metal minis and any ideas on how to dis-assemble them that would be great.
thanks in advance

kharn the betrayer
20-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Okey disclamer first, if any of these methods damage your model I am not responsable.

Removing paint from plastic and metal, I have had some sucess with oven cleaner, the good quality foaming kind. Follow instructions and then attack said model with a paint brush. Wear gloves though!

This should also loosen the join so that you can gently prise the model apart, I would advise you test this out before you try it on the prized model.

I have also heard that you can use brake fluid, but having never tried this I cant comment.

For a base it would probally be a large round base, available from Games Workshop, they are used for Guard Heavy weapons. I use 40mm fantasy battle bases but thats just because I have a few lying about. Sometimes called monster bases.

If you ask around at your local shop I\'m sure someone will have a suitable base.

It can be anyshape and size as long as it\'s not smaller than the original base there should be no complaints.
:evil:

DavicusPrime
20-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Standard Killa Kan base is a 40mm round. GW sells them in packs of 40 for $5. I have a ton of them due to the exact same situation.

If we lived close I\'d give you all that you needed.

-DavicusPrime

Iron father
21-10-2006, 04:40 AM
use an old cd for a base

Solinus
22-10-2006, 08:41 PM
An old CD - bit large, got any of those small ones kicking around? or you could just use the cap from a pringles tub perhaps? or if you can order the exalted daemon base use that?

hope this helps

~Nik