PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy - Who plays and what?

Roth
10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi, I had a trawl through the forums and I saw a thread asking for info concerning the game, but I was interested to see who actually played?

I myself play usually twice a week and there is a group of about 6 of us with a few more on and off players. I really enjoy it and I'm thinking about integrating 40k battles into it to set a story for later campaigns and what not.

I have a Gunslinger (Hive Born, Scum character) and a Merc (Feral World, Guardsmen) that I use across two on going campaigns the latter of the two soon to be reaching an ascension class.

Who else plays?

Marticus
10-11-2010, 04:20 PM
havent played for a while, when we did i was a guardsmen, well a conscript anyway. I djust do as im ordered! snaps to attention yes sir fight those genestealers in hand to hand combat? yes sir right away sir. not dead yet!

Roth
12-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Good man : ) My characters over the last couple of years have ranged from faithful Arbite's to rogue unsanctioned psykers. Fun times.

akiel"the conqueror"smith
12-11-2010, 07:32 PM
no dark heresy for me,now rogue trader is a different story.

Im an emperor bothering missionary, constantly having to dodge my friends use of her flamer believing in my(and my groups) ability to dodge it.

Sadly the flamer didnt make it.*Sighs in reliefe inside*

Also, My charachter has an addiction to candy.:happy:

Ziggy Tempest
13-11-2010, 01:45 AM
I play a Noble Redemptionist Cleric who wears a jacket with more buckles than a forge world has servitors. He wields a Chainsword and a Stormchild Revolver with great skill. Titus is pretty much the de facto leader of the group for now as he has the best investigatory skills and combat ability for when things get ugly. Being a Redemptionist he's obviously a puritan which is causing tension with the party's token psyker. That won't end well, it never does.

I'll be back in a few weeks once he's become some kind of insane radical heretic wielding psychic powers and xeno weaponry. As is the way of Dark Heresy...

Anne Marie
13-11-2010, 05:55 AM
I play a Sister of Battle whose a puritan (obviously can't be anything else) and has a tendency to swear and use holy scriptures at the same time. She's usually the de facto leader if the Imperial Guardsman (played by another friend) isn't present or wounded, and she carries a power maul and bolter. Hopefully she'll soon get a flamer, then the real fun can begin!

Inquisitor023
13-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Oh God, where do I begin...

Anne Marie
13-11-2010, 12:29 PM
:sunglasses:

Roth
13-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Being a Redemptionist he's obviously a puritan which is causing tension with the party's token psyker. That won't end well, it never does.

Haha, I know what you mean, we have a cadet commisar in our group and an...unstable psyker lets say. Lot's of phenomena and perils tests and lots of threats of bolt shell insertion into brain. : )

akiel"the conqueror"smith
13-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Haha, I know what you mean, we have a cadet commisar in our group and an...unstable psyker lets say. Lot's of phenomena and perils tests and lots of threats of bolt shell insertion into brain. : )

My,my, A commisar you say?:grin: Well at least hes the 'OBVIOUS' commissar in the group. Me, my character is more of a commissar then the priest hes supposed to be. especially to the flamer wielding member of our group(watch where you are aiming that thing or the next shot from my shotgun will be point blank at your face!!!), technically he only joined the priesthood to get away from the hazards of mercenary life.

(his mother and father both ran a mercenary company and after their deaths due to ork pirates, which explains his skill 'hatred' for the greenskins, had become the de facto leader at that point. But after several years of losing comrades, he went to a confessional...and never came out until he was a priest.:grin:)

when our current rogue trader came by to ask for volunteers to help him in rehabilitating a few new worlds he might discover, my character jumped on the chance simply for the fact he could earn renown for it.my character in a nutshell.

Ziggy Tempest
20-11-2010, 02:02 AM
So the Grand Titus of house Ralor narrowly avoided having his nipples torn off by a cybermastiff thanks to the tactic of blowing the beast's legs off with a frag grenade. Doesn't always work when he has 3 pals though so he was the first character in the group to ever take a wound (A massive 7 of them). We solved the case of the Herotek when our lovely guardswoman incinerated the poor sod's head. Titus wasn't too pleased, having wanted to interrogate the cybernetic miscreant. The group has been officially tasked with tracking down and retrieving Untouchables now, I am hoping we can surgically attach one to the psyker to prevent any 'funny' business. Fellow didn't seem so pleased with the idea. Titus is going to be disguised as a merchant ambassador, which means he doesn't have to hide that air of superiority he so often likes to project.

The trip will give him enough time to invent a language full of bad words for psykers. Might be used as some kind of cypher too...

PS/
Psyker hasn't used any odd powers yet, I'm thinking he may just be a fawning peasant trying to get close.

marcus-ascendant
20-11-2010, 02:08 AM
Hey all. i'm thinking of picking it up for a fledgling group of us here. what books do i need to be able to play an actual campaign, including character set up and such?

Ziggy Tempest
20-11-2010, 02:18 AM
Just the main rulebook. The Inquisitor's handbook has a lot of nice character stuff like background packages, new homeworlds and the Adepta Sororitas class but it isn't necessary. The Radical's handbook kinda does what it says on the tin. If you want to run a radical game it'd be useful. You'll need D10s as well of course. At least 2 per player.

marcus-ascendant
20-11-2010, 05:02 AM
i have plenty of d10s. good to know i only have to drop 37 on amazon instead of 68

Nomad
20-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Oh God, where do I begin...

At the start, obviously.