PDA

View Full Version : Magic: The Gathering

Commander Xillian
05-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Yo dawgz, anyone here play this old card-game?

Pherion
05-11-2010, 05:46 PM
I have a few ancient decks :) A few Alpha and Beta cards, but I never play anymore. Can't stand the Type 2 environment.

Marticus
05-11-2010, 05:48 PM
i also have a few ancient decks, last time i played was very early 8th edition.

Commander Xillian
05-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Ah, some old guys hu? Back when Black Lotus was allowed as a full playset too hu?

I got in durring the Mirrodin cycle, and then dropped off for a while. Started again with M11. I tell you what; I love me some Scars of Mirrodin!

japehlio
05-11-2010, 06:18 PM
I play, have a nice mono black tribal vamp deck, a very slow but fun angel deck, and my slivers...
mmm, slivers...

Pherion
05-11-2010, 06:23 PM
No black lotus, just a few sinkholes :)

VolatilSpam
05-11-2010, 07:00 PM
I stopped playing around Mirrodin.

Mycosynth
05-11-2010, 07:22 PM
I used to play, started around Masquerade and stopped before Kamigiwa or whatever it was called. I have a blue deck based on countering everything and decking my opponent. I am not a nice person :P.

Pherion
05-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I have one of those :) Howling Mines, Millstones, Ivory Tower :) fun fun!

Mycosynth
05-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Scalplexis and Supreme Inquisitor. Look them up. I loves them so.

Ziggy Tempest
05-11-2010, 08:07 PM
I play casually with a few friends. Playing with an elf deck at the moment.

Captain Kellen
06-11-2010, 03:06 AM
I have a deck that is red, white, and artifacts. I got into the game only a few weeks ago since the local store has a league and do drafts every Friday night.

The last couple of boosters I picked up were the 'Core 2011' I now own two planeswalkers which I am still figuring out.

japehlio
06-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Planeswalkers can be fun, but oftentimes they simply paint a target on your head. One way I like to look at them is "ablative armour", after all if someone is removing/attacking your planeswalker, then they aren't attacking you or your creatures. Some more than others though.
Red is the one colour I could never get to grips with. I much prefer creatures to direct damage. Just my preference. Plus I like themed decks (vamps, angels, soldiers, slivers), would like to make a goblin deck though. for funsies...

Pherion
06-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Red is fantastic... I've got a deck full of Lightning Bolts, Chain Lighting, etc, etc, etc. Makes for lots of damage so fast, the opponent just can't do anything about it.

Mycosynth
06-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Red is fantastic... I've got a deck full of Lightning Bolts, Chain Lighting, etc, etc, etc. Makes for lots of damage so fast, the opponent just can't do anything about it.

Unless they have a blue counter deck that is. Yay for blue!

japehlio
06-11-2010, 09:54 AM
or a black deck that gets more powerful the more damage that is dealt to it, or a white deck that can shrug off almost anything (eventually)

7Lunchboxes
06-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Bought a green and white eldrazi starter deck a while back, managed to get it up to 60 cards, still haven't played a game yet. (Note to self, Invite more people over)

Marticus
06-11-2010, 12:18 PM
i dusted off my themed deck... green, elves suprise suprise.. was brutal in its day.. so long as you didnt have protection form green or elves that is :P

VolatilSpam
06-11-2010, 07:03 PM
My favorite deck ever was a red/green deck with heavy poison counters and burn. Sabertooth cobras, marsh vipers, venom, lure, fire whip, bolt... oh, but it was a fun deck,

Silver
07-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Get yourself Duels of the Planeswalkers on steam. I guarantee you'll have dozens of hours of fun. No deck editor though.

kharn the betrayer
07-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Way back when it first started a younger less handsome me dabbled in MTG.

I have Red, Green / Blue, White / Green. and of course a Black one to match my heart....

I dodnt play now but I also played Jihad (Vampire, masgerade I think its called now) Star Trek and Mutant Chronacles.

Ah the drain life bought tears to my eyes....

darknight
08-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Well, first time back after a long while, so might as well be here eh, i played mtg a lot, loads and i do mean loads of cards,
We stopped for quite a while, with moving and kids etc, but now we are back stronger than ever, the new rules are just great, my slivers are still feared, my vampires arent to bad, my black death deck just rocks, BUT the som infect deck i have is just plain wicked,lol.
I couldnt care how much life you have, 10 counters and your dead, so yea i love it :)

Aeth
08-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Holy crap, look what the cat dragged in :grin:

Its been far too long buddy.

Inquisitor023
08-11-2010, 11:06 PM
*insert that sound effect from Saturday Morning Cartoons that played when characters shake their heads in disbelief*

Darknight!

darknight
09-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Ha ha, lol, yea good to see you two as well ;) glad your still here and the other regulars

Captain Kellen
21-12-2010, 10:18 PM
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/CaptainKellen/CKMagicCardjpg.jpg

Aeth
22-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Nice work CK :grin:

The whole trading cards thing passed me by as kid but I've had a bit of a mooch around the wizards site and I have to say I'm intrigued.

Your Conscience
22-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I have started a few years ago with my friends playing with something to do when the warhammer world hall is full i have decks that nobody likes playing against which are: Black Blue Draw and Mill, Black Vampires, Green White Mercy Kill elf deck, Green Big Creatures Deck and my most recent deck is a 5 Colour Control.

I do enjoy playing it as it is something else to do when you dont have enough time to play warhammer all the time and very socialable and usually a gd laugh and a challenge"!

kharn the betrayer
22-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Nice work CK :grin:

The whole trading cards thing passed me by as kid but I've had a bit of a mooch around the wizards site and I have to say I'm intrigued.

Go back to the light and spend all your money at Games Workshop, nothing to see here.

Kellen get the sack and lets re-educate him.....

Jihad Jack
24-12-2010, 03:47 PM
I got 1 deck..............................Havent played in years.

Mindslicer Reanimation.

Twas simple to use. Get mindslicer out and force him to die either by forcing your opponet to kill him in combat phase or sacrifice him. All players lose thier hands and take damage through other cards. Dont have any cards? Well my artfact says you take damage equal to the ammount of cards less than 7. So your looking at a death clock post turn 5 - 6. Btw I cast some low level spells and bring back the slicer for another go.

Fun against Blue players who cycle their hands often. One timed hand loss takes out their whole deck strat.