PDA

View Full Version : The friendly fire world of rogue trader(anyone play?)

akiel"the conqueror"smith
05-08-2010, 08:25 PM
hiyah people, was just curious, is anyone a gamer of rogue trader? Well i am and i was hoping we could discuss it....*cold wind blows*...*silence*......*squishy squishy custard travels across my foot*

Anyone?:sigh:

Consadine
05-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Actually, I have! Twice, and as a DM because the other two players don't know diddly about the 40k universe (pro-tip: only play with folks who know it). It... went alright. The rules system is pretty good, and the rules for building an airship are plain awesome.

I'd love to play as a PC, given that I'm a rubbish DM.

Inquisitor023
05-08-2010, 11:35 PM
I have the book and love it. Never played a dice RPG though. I want to mind. Just no one to play it.

*Looks at Japh*

japehlio
06-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Hells yeah, Im interested in it, again not many to play it with...

Skringly
06-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Same as the above, have always been interested in it.

japehlio
06-08-2010, 03:12 AM
Well I have a RP group im involved in, to date we have only dealt with Vampire, but since its my turn to DM next, and the DM picks the game...
lets just say I suddenly found myself with all of the DH and RT materials... ;)

Inquisitor023
06-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Well I have a RP group

VM sent...

japehlio
06-08-2010, 06:49 PM
My rp group is just a bunch of my mates, we sit around drinkin an so far, playing Vampire The Masquerade, so no W40k so far...

Inquisitor023
06-08-2010, 06:51 PM
My rp group is just a bunch of my mates, we sit around drinkin an so far, playing Vampire The Masquerade, so no W40k so far...

... Drinking. Ah. No go then.

akiel"the conqueror"smith
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
well for me, ive managed to get a rogue trader group going, so far its been nothing but fun but naturally there are a few draw backs, first: Our group only has two of them to share out, thats me and the gm(In a party of about 6 soon to become 8.:( ). The rules system is good but our gm is kind of lenient on them...but i cant say so cause he's our gm.If i do, this is what would happen...

Me: He GM, You know you cant save your delay actions right? You could only save them for one round of combat until your next turn, and then its gone.

GM: Congratulations, you have just volunteered to go into the air lock of The Cerberus. Be careful with all those genestealers down there.^^

Me:...

It could just be me though, ive always been a rules nazi...call it a personality failure.^^; plus he is our GM and he did save one of the PC'S from becoming munchies for genestealers with that delay,even if it occurred 3 rounds ago.

Also, anyone waiting for deathwatch to come out?

Inquisitor023
07-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Also, anyone waiting for deathwatch to come out?

*Raises hand*

VolatilSpam
11-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Mmmmm, Deathwatch.

KaKlick
12-08-2010, 09:08 PM
I play actually lol! Currently much epicness has ensued. Everything from awesome repair rolls in space combat to super difficult called headshots at long range lol! And money. Lots and lots of money >.> Its fun being the Rogue Trader in the group :p