PDA

View Full Version : Warmaster?

Jihad Jack
28-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Hey everyone,
I was running around the GW site looking at warmaster units. I did not know does anyone still even play the game remotly. I would down the road start a army for it but I feel like I will be the only one playing it. Can someone give me a low down on it?

Lord Krull
31-07-2010, 02:24 AM
No idea...Certainly nothing going on with it anywhere near me. I was considering it for a while, simply at the prospect of fielding huge armies, but I can barely afford to play all my current games so it never got invested in...

Pherion
31-07-2010, 03:31 AM
You're about a month late..... I just sold my warmaster army >< Great game, but unfortunately no one plays ;;

If you're looking to get into it, you can DL the rulebook from GW's site....

here ya go! (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat480010a&categoryId=1100013&section=&aId=5300011)

Marticus
31-07-2010, 09:16 AM
i just got rid of mine as well..... mainly due to the fact of no opposition anywhere :(

waylander2
08-08-2010, 08:26 AM
but I feel like I will be the only one playing it. Can someone give me a low down on it?
This is all we've been playing lately. We've got 4 players so far, but can possibly get more. We're having one game a week, i'm building 10mm terrain and we're planning a campaign.

I can understand how difficult it is to find an opponent.
There's a site that has card cutouts for each army, so you can try the game without investing time and money into something you and your friends are unsure about. http://sites.google.com/site/wmplaytest/work-in-progress-1/publications This site also has extra trial armies they've play tested (ogres, beats of chaos, wood elves etc)

It's basically warhammer without the cheese. For example, in warmaster you can upgrade your wizard to a grand theogonist on a war altar, all he does in the game is add +1 to your roll for casting a spell once per game.

I was actually thinking of doing a battle report on warmaster. But there's not really a place for it on here. I could do a bat rep on a warmaster forum i'm on, then send you the link if you're interested?

Faileas
08-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing that :D

japehlio
08-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Put it in the fantasy section, Im sure no-one would mind!

Hephesto
08-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Hear, hear, I'd love to see more stuff on Warmaster!

Marticus
08-08-2010, 02:07 PM
sure, its stilll warhamer fantasy!! do it dude! just put it under the battle reports section

Aeth
08-08-2010, 02:48 PM
I certainly want to read it mate.

KaKlick
09-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Lol! I love Warmaster. Actually, it was the first GW game I got into. I have about 8000 points of High Elves, not counting the characters or artillery. Its a neat game. I like it because it revolves more around the troops and troop movements than influential characters and specialized monsters/units. Sadly, no one but my dad (15,000 points of Orcs) and brother (9,000 points of Empire) play around here that I know of.

Did you want a lowdown on the game itself or the different armies?