PDA

View Full Version : Sinking ship!

Faileas
08-05-2010, 01:38 PM
With people jumping off the HMS Tale of Gamers quicker than small rodent. I'm just wondering if the tale is still going to be continuing and is it wroth me posting my entree later this eve? (when its finally done *grins* just adding the final touches to my riders).

Nomad
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Worth it just so I can see them ;)

Marticus
08-05-2010, 01:46 PM
well i didnt join the tale as i knew i wouldnt be ble to see it through, so im not a ship jumper, but i do enjoy seeing your work dude :) so DO IT!!

Ossai
08-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I am still going to be doing it, but I wont be able to keep up with the deadlines.

Aeth
08-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm running a little late, might be handing mine in tomorrow instead of tonight. I am worried about the Tale dying a premature death though. I thought part of the idea was to promote fantasy on the site but with only 3 of us seemingly still painting it doesn't seem we are doing anything we wouldn't have been doing anyway.

japehlio
08-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I want to apologize, but at the same time I dont...
I commited to this tale of gamers, and from the outset I said I was going to be doing a small force, as thats all I wanted to do. However at the same time I havn't been keeping up with my commitment, so for that I do apologize.
However, the part of me that doesnt want to apologize for it is that I have had a whole shed-load of RL bother dumped on me, the adage "it never rains but it pours" is very apt. Uni-troubles, unemployment, depression, problems with the mag, employment, unemployment again, trust me it eats away at your will to live, let alone will to paint things (hence my veritable complete lack of progress, I think Iv painted 2, maybe 4 miniatures in the past 3 months?)
So for that, I dont apologize, y'kno? RL comes first.

However, better place I am in, things are looking up a bit, and with a little more free time (that I actually value, rather than the free time be normal...) I do plan to be a bit more productive...

Faileas
08-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I'd still be posting up the finish work, but it just be in my WIP rather than the Tale thread. Secondly I may post mine tomorrow morning, depending on how much I get done this eve. I always saw the deadline as around that time rather than a set day anyhow (will a few points being lost for being late) however it wasn't about the points to me (I never planned to get max points every month) but was more about the chance of doing something fantasy related as a community, watching how each others armies grew month to month and how people are finding the experience. I didn't expect people to post full units every month, but rather a sort of "heres what I've done this month, I found this bit hard, enjoyed this and such like" and if you managed to get the two full tasks done, a bit of fiction and a conversion each month...well grand, full points to you, but if not well no worry your still inputting to the whole experience.

However aside from month one, I haven't really seen that!

japehlio
08-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Well Im hoping to put something up anyway...

Tall
08-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm seeing it through till the bitter end, come what may.

Aeth
08-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Well I have need of a second army so the project won't be dying for me even if the ToG does. I guess we'll just have to see what tomorrow brings.