PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh DP/herald concepts

Brother-Captain Nathaniel
01-04-2010, 05:35 AM
Sup peeps, been a while. So i've been bitten by the Slaanesh bug recently, and have started my Daemon army(40k). Now I'm trying to come up with a look for my DP(or Herald) model.

The character, in my background, is Pre-Fall Eldar, so he's been around for a loooong time. He was one of the few who worshipped Slaanesh before it's true birth, and was so decadent and depraved that he was "saved" by She Who Thirsts and now is tasked with hunting his "former" kin, much to his pleasure.

So, i have come up with 3 designs, and would you guys' input on witch way I should go conversion-wise, as i like some aspect of all of them.

Concept1
Skin and Leather
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/nekhar/DPconcept-1.jpg

Concept2
Giger influenced
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/nekhar/DPconcept001.jpg

Concept3
Mix
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/nekhar/DPconcept002.jpg

If you can, imagine the wings on each, as i will be using the "3 pair" wings on whichever I convert.

Musashi
01-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Firstly, Amazing artwork! realy impressive and Rep-Worthy

Onto your poll though, if you are going to add the Tri-wings to all of them as your thread states, then i would def go for concept two, one and three dont, in my eyes, look chaosy enough for a deamon prince

The Dim Reaper
01-04-2010, 05:26 PM
i really like concept one actually :grin:

Cheers,

Dim

Aeth
01-04-2010, 08:23 PM
I like number one, thoug two does have quite a funky mer-man thing going on lol. I'm not 100% about the fearthered wings on the head though, kind of has a High Elf feel to it.

Snoza
01-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I do like number 1, but number 3, is really how i would see a Daemon Prince of slaanesh, just because it is to "human" like thus beening able to seduce or what ever Slaaneshi daemons do easier.

Snoza

02-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Aeth: His wings are all on his back, I just drew them extended.

Honsou
02-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I'd have to go with concept two. While the other two look great, the first looks a bit too "Dark Eldar" and the third almost too "heroic."

Hephesto
03-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Not quite sure why, but I prefer the third one. Seems like a nice mix between daemonic and a Sigvald-esque warrior.

Skringly
06-04-2010, 01:56 AM
Got to be concept 2. Love any Giger-esk work!

Pherion
06-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Number one! Two looks too much like Avatar, and three is a bit busy. Then again I just love #1 :-P

RagingEwok
09-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Great Work!

It really depends on how you plan on fielding your army, either mutation light or mutation heavy both can represent our goddess Slaanesh equally well.

If you plan on running last editions Daemonettes I would think Concept 1 would be better, because those models are sleeker, sexier, and in my opinion less mutated than the current models. i.e. Concept 1 is great for a mutation light army.

Concept 3 is the opposite. Its great for mutation heavy armies. Armies which will have the whole infested slowly and lovingly bestowed mutations on. The fact that you have the once beautiful Eldar Autarch slowly forming into a giger-esque creature is definitely honoring our god.

And my last comment is that going by your fluff Concept 3 is the most likely way your lord would have fared over time being a champion of Slaanesh and all.

-Ewok

The Banished Ranger
09-04-2010, 07:30 PM
I personally like #1, if i had the talent id try and have a go at him! =) Nice sketches in any case.

10-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I've started modeling and have gone with a mix of # 2 and #3. I'll post pics soon.