View Full Version : Substitute for Transfers

The Dim Reaper
13-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi guys,

As anyone who paints SM will know that if you want to give your Chapter a unique symbol or crest you either have to paint it yourself or use pre made transfers.

Now I\'m not interested in painting SM at the moment I do want to give a Delaque Gang I\'m hoping to get soon some gang symbols (probably a big symbol on the back of their jackets like bikers).

Now I want to get something along the lines of


For something like this I\'m either going to have to paint it on from scratch ( which I\'ll try but most likely fail miserably) or somehow create my own transfer of it.

Does anyone know how such a thing can be done?



13-09-2006, 01:27 AM
You can buy blank transfer paper. Not sure where, but have a look on T\'Internet! Some of the GW army showcases in WD show people who print their own transfers. All you gotta do is put your images into a printable document and then print them onto the transfer paper and you\'re good to go!


13-09-2006, 02:28 AM
yea ive heard of what trick said but never seen it in the shops (i havent tried the internetr though) however ive got some window stickers paper wich i thick should work (havent tried it though) not sure were i got it, it was a presant

13-09-2006, 06:59 PM
I have used a \'potato\' stamp before to put a symbol on miniatures..
It was actually carved out of a carrot and then I used the carrot as a stamp.. to \'stamp\' the paint on.. worked quite well (after a few trial and errors)
But it wasn\'t very detailed and had to do some touch ups..

If you want something that detailed and small try and do as Trick said....