PDA

View Full Version : Epic Warlord Titans Scale (40K)

Trevor
28-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Hey guys and girls, I have a rather important question for yall. I am working on my Ad. Mech. Imperial Guard army for 40k, and have been stuck on what to do for an actual 'Commander' type. I am thinking of running Karzmakov on his Throne of Judgement, but using an Epic Warlord in its place and greenstuffing robes, ect, to make a truly unique magos model. Does anyone thing this would work, or would he be TOO big with the scale?

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1252004_99110307002_EpicWarlordMain_873x627.jpg

Thoughts?

Omegon
28-02-2010, 11:02 PM
I actually think this will work out quite well! Are you going to try and make the Warlord look like it is a unique-looking dreadnought? I can't wait to see what you come up with! :D

Trevor
28-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Kinda sorta. I am making my force as being part of a prominent forge world, and this guy is an Explorator-Magos, hence he would be so big and awesomesauce in his appearance. I plan on keeping one of the gun arms and converting the other (I so wish Witch Hunters had Psycannons!) to a weapon arm. I am not sure what weapon bits the Warlord comes with, so I may need a hand there. I probably will shorten the shoulder weapons or remove them period and make a few other choice mods. Maybe replace the barre of the laser arm with a screw and some plastic bits to mimic the drill arm of the Inquisitor Magos model. Along with all this, I will have to see if I am skilled enough to make the Techpriest Robes on such a large model to help him fit the theme!

On the flip side, I may take a nod from the Pentient Engine, and have the Tech Priest integrated where the head is, sticking out much like the body sculptures that you see on the Capitol Ships from Chronicles of Riddick.

grimdisco
01-03-2010, 10:37 PM
I think with a termi head greenstuff robes and a few bits here and there it will look great. (idea stolen :devil:)

The new Killa kan minis have a drill arm that would work well for this..

Trevor
01-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Hey, its a good idea, so it deserves to be stolen :P

Also, I am working on concept sketches, and when I get something that fits what I think it should look like and post them up to let yall give me some criticism. It is just such a beautiful model that I do not want to ruin it.

On the flip side, I have no idea what comes in the kit. Does anyone happen to know and have pictures of what comes in the box set?