PDA

View Full Version : paint streaks and brush lines

Silent_P
27-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Hey guys. I'm trying to help my wife paint her Immolator, but we're having trouble. Every time we dip the brush into the paint, and apply it to the vehicle, it is leaving these noticeable brush lines. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this problem?

dad0twins
27-02-2010, 01:44 AM
Go with thinner paint, multiple coats. it will remove the brush strokes.

Silent_P
27-02-2010, 01:50 AM
thanks partner.

dad0twins
27-02-2010, 01:57 AM
No prob. I use to have that same problem. I got that from an article in White Dwarf.

Consadine
27-02-2010, 02:00 AM
You can also use that airbrush you've got laying around :p

dad0twins
27-02-2010, 02:01 AM
I need to get a new one. The one I have doesn't work right.

grimdisco
27-02-2010, 06:54 PM
You may need to get new gaskets for it, depending on the model

LAZtheinfamous
28-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Another solution is horrible. Drybursh the whole thing until it is the colors that you want. It takes forever, but it can be well worth it.

Honsou
28-02-2010, 12:55 AM
I find that thinned paints in many, many, many thin (semi-drybrushed) layers works. Particularly for bright colors. Dark colors it is easier, just thin the paints a bit more- don't use it straight from the pot, but add some water and go with a slow and steady approach.

Silent_P
28-02-2010, 01:24 AM
It got to the point that I took the Immolator away from my wife and threw it in the simple green. I told her she's not allowed to paint it until she paints 35 sisters of battle, then she can have it back.

Honsou
28-02-2010, 01:32 AM
It got to the point that I took the Immolator away from my wife and threw it in the simple green. I told her she's not allowed to paint it until she paints 35 sisters of battle, then she can have it back.

That's one way of doing it. At the end of the day it is as much a matter of method as anything else, and it is a different technique to the ones used, learned or needed in painting troops. That said, troops trump tanks every time :grin:

LAZtheinfamous
28-02-2010, 02:00 AM
I have agree with Honsou, the techniques between painting tanks and troops are vastly different. While some of the techniques are usable for both, most are not. Its a completly different medium. It takes different ways to do them.

Skringly
28-02-2010, 02:01 AM
Then there are those time when you have only a fine detail brush with which to paint a Leman Russ (True Story) So another thing to consider is having the right tools for the Job. As some have said Spray Gun/Air Brushes are great for armour.

Honsou
28-02-2010, 02:14 AM
Then there are those time when you have only a fine detail brush with which to paint a Leman Russ (True Story) So another thing to consider is having the right tools for the Job. As some have said Spray Gun/Air Brushes are great for armour.

To be honest, I think neither of those are really essential- providing you have a standard sized brush, and a big dry-brush you've got all you really need to do tanks.

Ossai
28-02-2010, 02:20 AM
To be honest, I think neither of those are really essential- providing you have a standard sized brush, and a big dry-brush you've got all you really need to do tanks.
Perhaps not but they do look a lot of fun ;)