PDA

View Full Version : How many people here use the Spray gun to basecoat?

Satanaka
23-02-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm curious about this, because I've gotten to a point where I won't paint certain armies without it. ( TK, Orcs, Beastmen, Skaven, and Lizardmen are the fantasy ones alone that jump to mind as ones I've done and used an exclusive spray gun basecoat, and even some washes on.)

How many other people here use the spray gun as much as I do?

Vulpus Rex
23-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I've never tried one I tend to just spray models black with the good old spray can.

Silent_P
23-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to report back on my first session with an airbrush. I have 4 tanks that need a good base coat.

NathanS
24-02-2010, 02:46 AM
They didn't even have one out when I bought one of everything GW had so I have no clue as to how one would work. I am planning on buying a airbrush eventually and can't wait to try it out.

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
24-02-2010, 03:19 AM
If you want an airbrush, stick far away from this Gee-Dub trash. Make an investment, get a Badger or something. I've worked with a Badger 100, absolutely fantastic. Treat it right, learn to use it and it'll love you forever. If I ever painted tanks, I'd have one for sure.

Even if you want a cheap, basecoat-only spraygun, treat yourself to a Badger 250 or something. Same role as the GW model, ten times the quality.

NathanS
24-02-2010, 03:34 AM
That is what I was going for. I was going to go to the local Hobby Lobby and pick up a compressor and a airbrush with all the nifty accessories.

Satanaka
26-02-2010, 04:40 AM
If you want an airbrush, stick far away from this Gee-Dub trash. Make an investment, get a Badger or something. I've worked with a Badger 100, absolutely fantastic. Treat it right, learn to use it and it'll love you forever. If I ever painted tanks, I'd have one for sure.

Even if you want a cheap, basecoat-only spraygun, treat yourself to a Badger 250 or something. Same role as the GW model, ten times the quality.

Honestly, I can say I've never had an issue with my GW one. Granted, it's limited in role to just basecoats and washes, but it does do the job adequately, and is not a difficult system to maintain.

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
26-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Honestly, I can say I've never had an issue with my GW one. Granted, it's limited in role to just basecoats and washes, but it does do the job adequately, and is not a difficult system to maintain.

Well, have you ever used anything else?

Skringly
27-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Well, have you ever used anything else?

I think a Touché is in Order.