PDA

View Full Version : Painting Vampire Skin

Tall
20-02-2010, 08:37 AM
I've had a look on the boards and I'm struggling to find a good way to paint my Vampire's flesh.
I sort of know what I want them to look like but it's how to translate it to my brush. What I envision is a sort of blue/purple pale almost translucent look.
Can anyone tell me of a way to achieve this??

TP

Musashi
20-02-2010, 08:56 AM
I would paint as per normal elf skin with small amounts of light grey mixed into each stage, highlight up to an almost chalky appearance then wash very lightly with red and purple to add some coulor and warmth to the face. something like this..

3 bronzed flesh/ 1 codex grey
>wash> brown wash
>re-apply> 3 bronzed flesh/ 1 codex grey
>highlighted with> 2 bronzed flesh/1elf flesh/1 codex grey
>highlighted with> 3 elf flesh/1 codex grey
>highlighted with> 3 elf flesh/1 skull white
>watered down wash> purple

dad0twins
20-02-2010, 11:36 AM
In the old How to paint Citadel Models they had a way to paint witch elves that sounds about right.

Carrelio
20-02-2010, 06:05 PM
For my Dark Elves, I like them all being really pale, so this could work for quick vampires as well. Start with bestial brown (making up the darkest recesses), then go with elf flesh (making up the mid range colours), a watered down brown wash (just to smooth it out) and a highlight of bleeched bone (which gives the whole thing an overall pale complection).

grimdisco
21-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Ron had a great tutorial on pail skin. I looked for it but did not find it. Can any one take a look for it??

shingouki
30-07-2010, 06:08 PM
i used a purple foundation paint then painted space wolves grey with a asurmen blue wash .then i touched up with the space wolves gray again.it looked class,ill post a pic of my vamp when i get some better quality pics.

Skringly
30-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Watch the dates please shingouki...