PDA

View Full Version : Skarfang's Log Of All Things Chaos

Skarfang
10-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Bloody hell the other guys are quick out of the blocks aren't they?

Anyways here is my log documenting the progress on my Warriors of Chaos army. I chose this bunch of hard nuts for precisely that reason, rock hard little (well actually they're quite big) buggers that have a nice high points cost meaning I won't have to paint too much...this makes Skarfang a happy boy. :grin:

The army will consist of entirely warriors, so this limits my options in the army list to warriors (no way!), knights, chosen, chariots and forsaken. This will also ensure that my army will be positively tiny, as I really am making the most of the high points cost. I'm not going to lie, this is one of the main reason's I've chosen WoC, though I do also like the idea of an elite bunch of guys going round killing anything they see.

The army will be undivided, and as a result the paint scheme will reflect this, being mostly blacks, reds and gold detailing.

So far I've got my mitts on the army book, but nothing else, though I will be going in to GW to pick up a champion of chaos on foot and begin work converting that little beauty in the next week or so. I'll be raiding my bits box for weapon swaps and other bits and pieces to give him a nice bit of individuality.

As for the army lists, so far the 500pts one is done and reads as follows...

Hero:
Exalted Hero with great weapon and helm of many eyes 143pts

Core:
10 Warriors of Chaos with shields 180pts

10 Warriors of Chaos with shields 180pts

Admittedly it is an incredibly boring list and the army will only start to get exciting when I start squeezing in some special choices for which I have some plans for...watch this space for them!

But first things first, the exalted hero which will be hitting your bandwidth very soon indeed!

You stay classy Astronomican!
Skarfang

Captain Castus
10-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Hero:
Exalted Hero with great weapon and helm of many eyes 143pts

Hey that's what I went for!! :grin:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/davidcutter/Fantasy%20Chaos/Kordanfront.jpg

CC

Skarfang
10-02-2010, 07:28 PM
haha good minds think alike CC ;)

Vulpus Rex
10-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Looks good Skarfang, a cheeky 503 point list ;)

Skarfang
17-02-2010, 06:18 PM
haha indeed VP bit hard to squeeze two units of warriors and an exalted hero that doesn't just look like a squad champion.

quick update to keep things rolling, I've been away in Swansea for the past few days so theres been no progress so far but I should have the remaining lists and a pic of a brand new champion of chaos in the next few days :happy:

Skarfang
26-02-2010, 05:04 PM
well well well its time for some much needed progress! went into GW today and finally picked up my first minis, a champion of chaos and some warriors. Theres going to be quite a few of them...

looking at my 500pts list reveals that my hero will be armed with a great weapon, so i set about coming up with something to replace the two axes he comes with as standard. The results look like this, essentially the left hand is the shield hand from the warriors sprue, normally used for the champion of the unit, whilst the right hand is the standard bearer's with a reduced pole, on the bottom is a round mace weapon end off one of the warrior's hand weapons and at the top is the top section of the mace weapon from the Goliaths Necromunda weapon options. There's a small gap to fill with green stuff but otherwise thats the arms sorted!

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad101/Crackers250/DSCF1837.jpg

The lack of a head is the main issue though, I'm at a loss for how to show the helm of many eyes without blatantly copying CC's example above...any ideas would be most welcome, but I'm thinking it's probably going to take a bit of gren stuffing...

The other two lists will follow in the next couple of days :happy:

Faileas
26-02-2010, 10:42 PM
I like this guys pose and weapon choice, hes going to look very nice when finished. As for many eyes ideas, you could green stuff random eyes around his body, hands and head (rather than a cluster).

Vulpus Rex
26-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I think putting a full face on the back of the head could be good, but GS/ paint the lips as if they're sewn shut so the eyes are the focal point. Just an idea :) other wise looking good.

Skarfang
26-02-2010, 11:32 PM
cheers guys, useful input, and I think i've come up with a solution and that is to paint on eyes on the helmet surface, maybe make it look like the helmet itself is daemonic so the eyes are actually part of it? Not sure which helmet to use yet, might be the one in the blister or a warrior one, preferably need one with as much flat surface as possible! Looking forward to getting some paint on this bad boy now :grin:

Hephesto
27-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I rather like that idea of swon together lips! Another option would, of course, be to go freehand and just cover a helmet with eye symbols:

http://www.theredepic.com/Web%20Images%202/Pieces/Helm%20of%20Many%20Eyes72dpi.jpg

Skarfang
27-02-2010, 06:24 PM
spot on heph thats exactly what i'll be trying to do, fingers crossed for a steady hand! ;)

Ossai
28-02-2010, 02:25 AM
Crossing your fingers will just make it harder for you to paint :p

Looking on with interest ;)

The Warsmith
28-02-2010, 08:40 PM
If you have a painting stand it will be a lot easier