PDA

View Full Version : Cold One types

Zigg Rolls 20's
30-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Hello, all. Wondering here if anyway has tried converting the newest style cold one mounts over to carry Saurus riders rather than Dark Elves. I'm mainly concerned with the general size of the beasts compared to the size of the ones normally used by the Lizardmen. The Cold Ones that the Dark Elves have for their knights just look so much better than the ones the saurus cavalry have, so I'm just look for an easy transfer.

Marticus
30-01-2010, 11:19 AM
dont know if it would be an easy transfer, they are kind of seperate sub species.. the dark elf ones lived underground in the great tunnels around the under seas, and the lizardmen ones in the jungle, the lizardmen ones look bigger and bulkier as befits them, but then yes the dark elf ones are soo nice i have 2 units of em :)

Zigg Rolls 20's
30-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't actually own any of the Dark Elf ones, so that's why I'm curious. So the Dark Elf cold ones (The miniatures themselves) are actually a smaller model than the lizardmen ones? I can't really tell from any picture I have seen. I just know they have the same base sizes

Marticus
30-01-2010, 11:35 AM
oh they same base sizes, but skinnier minis, they have a moulded saddle on them, so would need to take theat off and would be a fair bit of work to convert em for lizardmen cos of the lizardmen saurus riders silly posiiton :)

Zigg Rolls 20's
30-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Hmmm...that's disappoint...I really hate how goofy the cold ones for the Saurus Riders look. I think they look like Cold Ones with down syndrome LoL. I like the previous versions so much better, the ones with the metal riders. Maybe I will just try to convert those over instead, then...