PDA

View Full Version : Vadigar Model

Kiefer13
04-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Hey guys, Captain Toenail has let me use his Vadigar character in some of my stories and I have added heaps of new fluff for him (about three pages) and I think he would be cool as a model.

It would probally be really hard and take ages as I am a beginner to modelling but I think it would be really ace. Here is some of the things I would want on the model.

Golden Helmet/Mask
Anicent Power Armour (Mabye pre-heresy)
Billowing Purple Cape (his trademark item!)
Power Sword
Long Glowing Staff
Hovering/floating above a boulder.

What bitz do you think I should use, from what kits? Also, has anyone got any tips for modelling? Thanks.
;)

Post edited by: kiefer13, at: 2006/09/04 20:43

Scolar
04-09-2006, 07:43 PM
A flying base or wire could be used to make him float. Look at models like Ahriman (SP?) and the ultramarine librarians staff.

DarthXander
04-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Kiefer13 wrote:

Hey guys, Captain Toenail has let me use his Vadigar character in some of my stories and I have added heaps of new fluff for him (about three pages) and I think he would be cool as a model.

It would probally be really hard and take ages as I am a beginner to modelling but I think it would be really ace. Here is some of the things I would want on the model.

Golden Helmet/Mask
Anicent Power Armour (Mabye pre-heresy)
Billowing Purple Cape (his trademark item!)
Power Sword
Long Glowing Staff
Hovering/floating above a boulder.

What bitz do you think I should use, from what kits? Also, has anyone got any tips for modelling? Thanks.
;)<br><br>Post edited by: kiefer13, at: 2006/09/04 20:43

Ok well for his armour perhaps use the black templars stuff as that is more rivetted and there is an old helmet in their, if not the sergeants torso in the tactical squad set has a high front, use that!

As for his cape use the back from a space marine commander as this already has the cape.

Use the emperors champion sword or the terminator commanders, these are the biggest I have been able to find!

As for a staff the space marine standard bearer has a good staff in his hands and its really ling, just add some imperial bits to the end!

Hope this helps!

Captain Toenail
04-09-2006, 10:25 PM
\'What\'s going on here! I said you could use him in a story but what\'s all this about a model!? Seems I have created a popular infamous character!:blink: Hey, if you do make the model you have to give it to me for copyright purposes! Seems a bit strange that you would want to make a model of a character I invented! :huh:

Post edited by: captain toenail, at: 2006/09/04 23:28

mark
05-09-2006, 04:00 AM
i would go with the emps champ gut off the arm thats holding nothing and stick on some sort of libarian arm, or gk arm to be really simple