PDA

View Full Version : How to get more painting time!

Pherion
30-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Found this over on Dakka.... Great, absolutly fantastic :-P

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Husband_Grunt_101_or_How_to_Get_More_Painting_Time

Captain Castus
30-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Doesn't work...

I've tried it...

:(

CC

Honsou
30-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Brilliant, but it doesn't work ;) Sorry chaps, no dice.

Pherion
30-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Doesn't work...

I've tried it...

:(

CC

Did you get smacked up side the head? :exasperated:

grimdisco
30-12-2009, 06:49 PM
LOL!!!!

It works for me.
But then my mins dont look so good when I do that ( I need 100% of my brain to paint.)

Now I just tell my wife, I'm going to go paint.
Strange enough that works just fine most of the time.:silly::shocked:

Captain Castus
30-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Did you get smacked up side the head? :exasperated:

Nope... I think she's just too clever to fall for it...

So I just 'ask' to paint now... Which makes her feel guilty that she's denying me my hobby... Then she 'lets' me! ;)

CC

Honsou
30-12-2009, 06:59 PM
That's the way to do it CC, MAKE THEM FEEL THE GUILT :grin:

ledfloyd
31-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Or you just ask your significant other if they would rather have you go to the Pub or do some painting. ;)

Pherion
31-12-2009, 03:51 AM
LMAO! Mine would tell me to go have fun with getting drunk :-P

grimdisco
31-12-2009, 04:36 AM
Nope that wont work.
My wife likes going to the pub or the strip club with me (cant say I'm not lucky.):devil:

Carrelio
31-12-2009, 05:32 AM
Its funny this comes up as just today... not even meaning to I went a whle conversation with my girlfriend without hearing a word of what was being said. I really don't know how I managed it... or where I went in that brief 10 minute conversation... all I remember is silence and that bright blur of light and colour you get when your eyes lose focus... not even a thought crossing my mind. I hope she didn't notice, though at the time she didn't seem to.

I guess the tricks can work, but it all depends on the situation.

Honsou
31-12-2009, 12:36 PM
I hope she didn't notice, though at the time she didn't seem to. They almost always do :p

Scoppio
31-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Grimdisco, the world is jealous on you

grimdisco
01-01-2010, 03:30 AM
I know Scoppio , I know....:devil:

Crimson Fire
24-01-2010, 05:44 PM
The best way around this is to just tell her to go away and that this is your recreation time and she's being insensitive by monopolising it. Then follow it up with a "If I interrupted you when you're doing your things I'd get my head bitten off". That's TRUE gender equality. Guys need to stop being so scared of their missuses. Not all girls are needy, jabbering nuisances.

Oh and Grimdisco, have some rep for your awesome missus.

LAZtheinfamous
24-01-2010, 07:41 PM
See, I don't really have to work that hard at it, cause I can snatch a few hours here and there during Desperate Housewives, Greys Anatomy/Private Practice, and Entertainment Tonight. She doesn't want interruptions during 'her' shows, and I lost interest in them awhile ago.

demyse
25-01-2010, 10:51 AM
My wife is just getting into crochet so I get a bit more painting time. She sits at one side of the table doing her thing, me the other painting. The strange thing is we have a conversation, but dont acknowledge what the other says
wife - 'think I need to get some new wool'
me - 'think when im done undercoating this guy im going to glue that dread together'
wife - 'im getting my stitches quite close together'
me - 'hope my thousand sons models show up soon'.