PDA

View Full Version : Spare Them Or Show No Mercy?

Eternus
21-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Ok then, I'd like to ask how you deal with the issue of fighters who are captured during a campaign? Do you prefer to ransom them back to the enemy gang, or sell them into slavery, or even execute them outright?

I have played one game in our new campaign so far, and was unlucky enough to have 2 fighters captured by the enemy (Scavvie) gang - they ransomed the Juve back to me for the same cost as buying and kitting out a new one, but they ate the Ganger!

Fortunately I had killed 2 of his fighters as well (a Scavvie and a Scaly) so we were 2 for 2, but it has made me think about the politics of captive negotiation - should you go easy in the hope that you will be shown clemency if your own fighters get captured, or should you just play in character and get as much cash as you can for them, or even eat them?

I think that if I capture any enemy fighters, I'll put them to work in my Mine Workings, so I'll get some cach out of them, and the enemy get a chance to free them at a later date. Unless they are heretics in which case they may have to be exectued - Cawdor being the House of the Redemption and all!

Inquisitor023
21-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Depends. Although I've never played the game, in theory, I'd follow the 'Eye for an Eye' rule.

If said Ganger killed my Captain, or such, he'd be dead.

If said Ganger put one of my men Out of Action, I'd put to work in the Mines.

If said Ganger didn't do anything, I'd ransom him.

Now, if another Gang captured one of my Gangers, I'd do whatever they did.

Inquisitor Alex
21-12-2009, 07:18 PM
I captured one of my buddy Ryan's Goliath gangers while we were playing a campaign. I demanded his newly aquired needle sniper rifle as ransom, he didn't want to pay, so I gave him a fair chance - the next game he had to rescue his ganger from a cage of toothpicks in my deployment area. He rescued the ganger, but during the battle I killed one of his gang champions outright. Oh, there were grudges between the "Nation of Domination" (goliath) and the "Crimson daggers" (orlock) Stuff like that really adds to the storyline of a campaign.

Brennon
22-12-2009, 04:02 AM
I'd agree with the other poster and that its up to the situation. If it was someone important to the other player, like his Captain or Commander etc then I would ransom them back, OR make up a senario using this capture and make it something which can be decided ingame after he has had his uses.

As for smaller members of warbands, just kill them or sell them on, or make them someone recurring in the campaign to add some spice to things.

VolatilSpam
26-12-2009, 03:51 AM
I'd prefer to foster goodwill. Ransom back their gangers, and maybe they'll ransom back mine in the future. But if they iced one of my favorite gangers, it's on like donkey kong.

I've always wanted to say that.

Col.Feren
20-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I'd apply Tic for Tac game theory. Be nice twice or thrice until it's obvious it's not working, then I'd just go on a slaughter spree.

Sorry if I'm Necro-ing but the threads not Quite a month old yet.