PDA

View Full Version : Need help on building a model

Dyp
29-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Umm, im building a model for a campgain i goingto start (yes you will hear about it) basicy i need a way to be able to take arms and weps off him, hoow would you recomended?

Scolar
29-08-2006, 06:22 PM
What model are you trying to take arms off?

Dyp
29-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Basicly, cuase im making a camp for astro i want to try out it right

Scolar
29-08-2006, 06:28 PM
a camp? So that musy have a few people in it, are they metal models you want to remove arms from? In which case use a sharp knife or a jewellers saw.

Dyp
29-08-2006, 06:33 PM
i mena campgain, no its plastic,
Spiler: basicly the campgains about a human (Can be choas to IG) who has to take down a laein races (Any, e dont want ppl just to go out and buy new models)
and basicly you can have any wepon, any one can join as long as hey have a human and alein races:blink:

mark
29-08-2006, 08:51 PM
for plastic just use a scalpul/moddeling knife

Indra
30-08-2006, 03:29 AM
Modelling saw always. Far safer and far more accurate. Only use knives for trimming. Thats my advice, from experience.

BradB
01-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Cuticle Trimmers come in extremely handy for plastic models as well - you can usually find them in health & beauty aids near the nail polish.

I know it sounds crazy - but for trimming fine plastic pieces they can\'t be beat - and they are much better than the fine wire cutters that GW and other model companies sell.
;)

Indra
02-09-2006, 03:03 AM
Cuticle trimmers? Wow thats the second article of ladies equipment recommended now! I recommended a clean (unused) blusher brush for dusting off those shelved mini\'s without damaging them and now cuticle trimmer?

I fear to say it, but we might be boosting sales in cosmetics...