PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle Complaint

KaizerVonAwesome
14-12-2009, 04:55 AM
I have a snot covered bone to pick with all of you Nurgle players infesting Astro. Quit painting everything GREEN. Stop it.

There is more to rotting bodies than green. There should be plenty of yellow, brown, and yes black for that lovely hint of necrosis. Wounds are not simply red, but could possibly include white, bone, purple, and pink to account for tissue, muscle, tendons, veins, or bone (depending on severity and goriness). Bear in mind blood is not always simply red, but could almost be black in a pool or brown when it dries, usually some combination. If you're hard to impress and have a good stomach you can find all of this online (but don't say I sent ya, that's all on you).

Green stuff... add some tentacles, add some skin defects, more buboes, intestines, tumors bulging from mouths (yes), etc.

Every Nurgle army I've ever seen looks the same (not skill wise of course). C'mon puke drinkers, being different is ok.

Turtlshellz
14-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Soundsw absolutely disgusting! And what a sight it would be on the game board as well :) Certainly better, I suppose, than just cookie cutter Nurgle worshippers...

Not that I am ever likely to do any such thing myself. LOL I am having enough of a hard time with my Imperial Guard. :p

KaizerVonAwesome
14-12-2009, 09:14 AM
I have nothing against the green look other than the fact that everyone has the exact same dirty olive drab going. Oh and I know all about the IG Turtl. Sooo much work but so worth it :)

Might offer to paint up one of my buddy's nurgle guys just put my money where my mouth is.

demyse
14-12-2009, 10:00 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat1300042&categoryId=400029&section=&aId=1200032

looks like even GW dont like them being painted green

kharn the betrayer
14-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I like snot green, if you paint them up post them ......

Its not easy being green you know....

Turtlshellz
14-12-2009, 10:39 AM
There is this Chaos Space Marine, to be honest I really like the look of them. Devoted to Nurgle in all his slimy puss ridden glory, and nearly no green to be seen:

The Cleaved
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Cleaved

Then there are these guys: More green in them but... I have no idea how you could achieve that effect on the armor! But I think it looks pretty good.

Lords of Decay
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lords_of_Decay

Hey, did anyone know that Nurgle is usually described as a happy and jovial sort? Kind of like a diseased Santa Claus:devil:

Trygon
14-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I like seeing Death Guard marines in white armour with green trim. That's their original scheme after all. And it is pretty badass.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/Terrible_Trygon/DeathGuard2.jpg
"You are my unbroken blades. You are the Death Guard."

Turtlshellz
14-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Their is also a Nurgle Warband whose name I cannot remember right now listed on the Lexicanum site that has armor described as "Corroded black with red trim." So the possibilities are really open to just about anything I suppose.

Hephesto
14-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Ah yes, the beautiful Cleaved....if only somebody would manage to find a way to get them painted in a simple way!

Inquisitor Alex
14-12-2009, 07:06 PM
I like my sicky green Deathguard just fine :)

KaizerVonAwesome
14-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I've seen the Cleaved but none of the others. I love how their faces and armor joints are leaking funk all over. Nice touch!

Wait a second... *runs to Ye Olde Boxe of Crap* I have some very old Death Guard dudes (ten years old or more). If newer arms don't look too long for them I'll slap some new arms on, green stuff em, and paint em up for posting in the far future where there is nothing but war, grimdark, and unfinished models.

Honsou
15-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Paint them bright blue, and say they were infected with a terrible disease... Smurfitis. Deadly and un-curable :grin:

KaizerVonAwesome
17-12-2009, 03:29 AM
It could actually work but I don't now how to pull off what I'd have in mind. Kind of a pale blue/white/grey. Blue areas blending into white and grey areas.

Honsou
17-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Hmmm, doesn't sound very nurgly though...