PDA

View Full Version : A Request

The Dim Reaper
04-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Hey guys, a few months ago I downloaded an 'Eavy Metal article for masterclass flesh painting off the GW site (the Astronomican section to be precise) anyway in my eternal wisdom I never saved it.

So now I need it for a mini I was painting and now I can't find it :exasperated: I checked the Astronomican but GW won't let us access old sections of it and its not in the painting section now.

So could any in Astro help me? DId anyone here save it by any chance?

Cheers,

Dim

Consadine
04-12-2009, 01:27 AM
If you go to the White Dwarf section, then Painting & Modeling, then Masterclass, you'll find it.

The Dim Reaper
04-12-2009, 01:31 AM
And 'lo the good Lord looked down upon his people and said.
'Consadine is awesome'

Revelations 04:12

Captain Kellen
04-12-2009, 01:35 AM
And 'lo the good Lord looked down upon his people and said.
'Consadine is awesome'

Revelations 04:12

So endeth the lesson...

Consadine
04-12-2009, 01:36 AM
Revelations, eh? I'm in the end of the world?!

The Dim Reaper
04-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Yeah wasn't there something about a Commisar in revelations.

'All those who were pure will stand at the right hand of the lord. Everyone else gets left to Consadine'

Cheers,

Dim

Consadine
04-12-2009, 02:09 AM
I grew up on the wrong Bible, then :grin:

Anything else you need linking to? :p

The Dim Reaper
04-12-2009, 02:55 AM
I dunno about you but here we have Catholic Bible its full of shame and guilt and burning heretics. All in the name of good fun of course.

I'm good now man thanks. I've sent some rep your way. If I do need something I know who I'll be PMing first! ;)

On a side note I tried out the masterclass on a test mini. Turned out horribly :p I think I have to thin my paints more, especially that Tallarn flesh :exasperated:

Cheers,

Dim

Consadine
04-12-2009, 03:34 AM
Catholic, cool cool, same as me. That's my mom's side of the family though, very Cat-lick.

Here are some alternate paint recipes for skin.

1- base coat tallarn flesh
2- ogryn flesh wash
3- tallarn flesh highlight
4- 50/50 tallarn flesh/elf flesh on upper raised areas
5- elf flesh on upper areas
6- 50/50 elf flesh/skull white on extreme raised areas

Basecoat with Bestial Brown. Add Elf Flesh for consecutive layering. Enjoy. Not specific on ratios, I know, but it varies every time. Final highlight is Elf Flesh, or EF with a bit of white.

One from B&C (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=152). And another! (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=609)

Edit: Having your paint thinner than usual is a good thing to go with. Apply two to four layers depending on how much water you have added. Devlan Mud typically does well as a wash for skin tones.

The Dim Reaper
04-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Ah excellent, thank you sir :grin:

Cheers,

Dim