PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Armies: Rome Total War

Kiefer13
26-08-2006, 03:11 AM
Hey, I have had an idea for a custom fantasy army book. I got this idea from playing far too much Rome Total War (hence the profile pic and quote).

What I was thinking was It would be a good idea to make rules for the different races from R:TW. I think I will start with the Romans, then moving on to Gauls, Germans, Carthage, and mabye other ones if I get them done.

I will include special rules for different formations as well like the schiltrom and the testudo.

Do you think this is a good idea? :)

Gaius Julius
26-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Yes, I love it!I myself am a big rome total war fan(Gaius Julius, see the connection?).

If you need any help with the army lists, I could lend a hand. One problem I see is how small the differences are between some of the nations. But I\'m sure we can come up with some real unique stuff.

GJ

Kiefer13
26-08-2006, 03:25 AM
Yep, I kinda guessed you liked it GJ. :laugh: and yeah you can easily lend a hand if you want.

Here are what I think the formation rules would be:

Schiltrom: 1/2 speed. Any charging cavalry models recive D3 S4 hits before any other attacks are worked out.

Testudo: 1/2 speed. +1 save against ranged weapons

Solinus
18-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Well wasn\'t Warmaster based around this sort of thing? I mean try searching it on Google and scout around a bit, im sure its just like what your trying to do! Although a little unsure weather romans were involved, if you needed a hand ill help too :)

Kiefer13
22-11-2006, 01:25 PM
cool, it\'skinda on hold at the moment though, as I have several other projects in the works.