PDA

View Full Version : Spare Bits Help

Consadine
24-11-2009, 05:26 PM
This is directed at you creative types.

In the course of building a Space Marine army, one has to cut the grips and trigger guard off various special weapons and bolters, even some bolt pistols. I have been saving these as I go in the hopes that there is some use for them. It would be hateful to just toss them (yes, I am a packrat :p)

Unfortunately, I haven't thought of any sofar.

So, what to do with these little guys? :confused:

Drakdylon
24-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Well, you could always use them as rubble and/or assorted detritus lying on the ground for bases. But hey, I know about being a packrat. I save cotton fluff to use as simulated gun-smoke...

demyse
25-11-2009, 11:34 AM
hmm, put them on necrons to make them look a bit spikey?

Littha
25-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I tend to put them in holes in my models and cover them in glue to fill them. Makes a good base to greenstuff off.

Hephesto
25-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Gapfilling is indeed a great purpose, top off my head:
- ideal bases for greenstuffed heads
- beginning of stickgrenades
- cut of the support underneath the firing finger and you can add them as an extra support strut on the side of the weapon
- as spine spikes for some of the Necron units
- to fill up sections in homebrewn weapons
- etc

Inquisitor Alex
25-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Upside-down they make great controls for vehicles\triggers for mounted weapons.

Honsou
01-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I do this as well, keep every little bit... even the sprues, you never know when you'll need 'em :grin: That said, I've found uses for those bits. I use them, among other things, for rubble, for weapons conversions, for handles/landers on other kits, and such-like. Keep 'em around, even if you don't have a use for them- some day you might be doing something and think "I wish I had some of those... oh wait, I do." ;)