PDA

View Full Version : Why Inks Gone!!!

Greener
23-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Just looking in my local GW Shop and I cant find any Inks anymore only washes :sad:

The washes are nice but I use red ink for my marines and the wash doesnt get the same result.

Have the washes took over the inks now and does any1 know techniques how to make inks?

Cheers :grin:

Pherion
23-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Try this thread (http://www.astronomican.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16059) for a method of making yoru own inks. And yes GW has discontinued their Ink line.

Hephesto
23-11-2009, 06:30 PM
A shame, though I've always used other inks. The stuff in that thread is great, so go check it out. Making your own custom, specific stuff is always ideal. The price isn't insane either, so might just be the best solution for everybody!

aardvark
23-11-2009, 10:15 PM
There are many more brands of acrylic inks out there, so don't worry.

Vallejo Game Colour inks pretty much replicate the GW colours, and those are definitely still available. Cheaper and better too - what's not to like! There are many sellers on WWW and eBay. UK importers are Creative Models, but you can get cheaper if you shop around.

Liquitex do a wide range of acrylic inks, including metallic colours. You get these from art supply stores, rather than modelling stores. Google will reveal any number of UK stockists. Shop around for price. They also do a range of mediums etc that you can use to make your own washes. There was a thread on here a while ago about doing this. You need matt medium and flow improver: can't remember the proprtions offhand.

Greener
24-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Nice one thanks for all the replies guys :)
Will have to look for the Vallejo Game Colours like have seen them around but didnt think they would be any good have to give them a try.

Inquisitor Alex
24-11-2009, 06:40 PM
The Vallejo paints are great, Reaper also makes a line of inks in eyedropper bottles - that's what I've been using since gw stopped production on theirs.